Part Time/Adjunct Instructor – Drafting Technology Program - #337921
State of Georgia
Date: 07/22/2021 19:30 PM
City: Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Savannah Technical College is seeking a Part-Time faculty for the Drafting Technology Program at the Savannah Campus. The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for:
- providing quality instruction to students in a classroom and laboratory setting using instructional aids.
- evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives;
- ensuring student learning outcomes are attained and appropriately recorded;
- maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate;
- requesting and maintaining supplies and equipment
- preparing and maintaining required documentation and administrative reports in a timely manner;
- ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory environment;
- perform other duties as assigned.
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture and laboratory instruction. The Adjunct Instructor must be willing to work evenings and/or split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between campus locations. Must fully embrace the responsibility for maintaining an acceptable number of students within this program and also work diligently to maximize positive student outcomes.
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years of drafting/CAD experience within the past seven (7) years with the following CAD software: Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor Professional, AutoCAD Architecture, Autodesk Revit, Solid Works and/or CATIA. All software experience must be with at least 2015 version or later.
- Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the courses assigned
- Excellent human-relations, interpersonal skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Drafting or closely related field
- Five (5) years’ work experience in Drafting.
- Five (5) years of teaching experience at a postsecondary college is desired.
- A working knowledge of Banner and Blackboard online education learning platform.
Work is typically performed in a classroom environment with intermittent sitting or walking in various settings. Must frequently lift and carry lightweight objects. Full range of hand and finger motion is required for data entry purposes. Drivers License and evidence of insurability required.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience. Positions are contingent upon funding.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver’s License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver’s history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.