DevOps Manager - #390206
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
Date: 08/19/2021 19:00 PM
City: Fremont, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Requisition #: 14620
Functional Area: Information Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Remote / Work from Home in the US
Work Hours: Standard business hours
This is a newly created position based on growth. The DevOps Manager serves as both a manager of the DevOps team and a DevOps engineer. This position is responsible for leading the establishment and maturation of all DevOps internal practices to include continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). This position will also serve as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices, technologies, and trends in the marketplace.
At J. J. Keller, we have both internal and external facing technology, including in-house commercial development teams dedicated to building web and mobile solutions for the Transportation, Environmental, Health and Safety and Human Resource markets. We continue to invest in product/service roadmaps in the technology space. This role is an opportunity to impact and support that growth!
This position can work 100% remote.
- Leads initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions: Roadmap, reference architectures, tools recommendations, practices, and processes.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment, orchestration, and build automation engineering. Designs and implements standardization across the DevOps team.
- Maintains awareness of current and developing technology trends to support company objectives and requirements. Serves as an advisor on systems and processes as needed.
- Consults with a diverse set of internal and external resources to define and implement best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, infrastructure automation, and platform architecture.
- Leads, develops and coaches team:
- Provides clear expectations, feedback and recognition
- Participates in the hiring/selection process
- Writes and conducts performance evaluations and progress reports
- Handles associate relations issues
- Delivers results in line with the following key metrics/accountabilities:
- Development project timelines and budgets
- Application quality, system uptime and system performance targets
- Associate retention
- Budget control
- Ensures the reliability, performance, and availability of the corporate DevOps infrastructure and applications.
- Partners with business stakeholders to prioritize projects in alignment with business objectives.
- Manages vendor relationships related to external consultants and staff augmentation services to ensure proper technical expertise and monitoring of systems.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical and non-discriminatory manner and ensure that staff follows these same guidelines.
- Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company's commitment to safety and the environment and strive to maintain a clean, healthy and safe workplace.
Experience & Education:
- 2+ years of leadership experience.
- 6+ years of overall development or infrastructure experience.
- 3+ years provisioning, operating, and managing Azure or AWS cloud environments. AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional/Azure DevOps Engineer Expert certification a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Chef, etc.)
- Experience training and mentoring technical resources. Prior management experience desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or business-related field.
- In lieu of a degree, may consider combination of education and directly related experience.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in CI/CD automation and DevOps solution architectures with solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of modern development and operations processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Strong problem solving, debugging skills, and detail oriented.
- Ability to develop and implement growth plans and programs.
- Ability to lead and develop technical resources.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Occasional travel to offsite offices or customer sites may also be required, depending on assignment.
At J. J. Keller, we are Difference Makers because the work we do truly matters. We protect people’s lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune® 1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments. View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program and you will earn a cash payment if your referral is hired. Learn more here.
A Safe Environment During COVID-19: At J. J. Keller, our purpose is to protect people - our clients and our associates. We use CDC-recommended best practices to ensure the healthiest workplace possible, and our Environment Health & Safety Team continuously monitors our pandemic protocols. During COVID-19, associate have given J. J. Keller high scores for keeping them informed and safe.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.