Forklift/Receiving Operator, W&D (I) - #390219
The Bountiful Company
Date: 08/19/2021 19:00 PM
City: Ronkonkoma, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Forklift Operator/ Receiving Clerk will perform a variety of tasks including unloading, reconciling and receiving of all in-coming materials, preparing items for movement/storage and operating electric powered industrial truck equipment to move products or materials.
- Unloads and stacks materials and replinshes shelves by using power industrial equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet, inverter, pallet jack etc.) that may require being lifted in the air up to 40 feet.
- Enters warehouse transactions and receipts into inventory tracking software (AS400) and completes appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for reading and following operating and/or written procedures to conduct assigned tasks safely and within standard time.
- Compares identifying information and counts items in incoming shipments to verify information against bills of ladings, packing lists, invoices, orders or other records. Records damaged items.
- Performs all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards. Performs MHE inspections to ensure food safety and quality standards.
- Engages in Daily Shift meetings using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be certified to operate lift equipment. Certification will be met through completion of internal training
- Related experience operating powered industrial equipment in a high volume manufacturing, warehousing, or nutritional supplement industry preferred
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write simple correspondence in and speak effectively with other associates and delivery personnel
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Expected high performance behaviors:
- Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively within teams.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Continuously look for ways to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Be creative and intellectually curious; willing to try different and novel ways to overcome obstacles.
- Regularly lifting up to 40 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds with assistance.
- Will be required to regularly stand, pull, squat, walk, kneel, reach, climb, and/or balance for 8 to 10 hours daily
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, talk and effectively hear and listen while being exposed to various levels of traffic from material handling equipment
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous colleague discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.