Ocular Specialty Representative - #390236
Bausch Health Companies
Date: 08/19/2021 19:30 PM
City: Portland, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Ocular Specialty Representative - Portland, OR (5885)
Career Opportunities: Ocular Specialty Representative - Portland, OR (5885)
Requisition ID 5885 - Posted - US Field Sales - Ophtho Rx - US - Remote - City (1)
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
Our approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products, and we manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
Bausch + Lomb, a division of Bausch Health, is one of the best-known and most respected health care brands.
Under limited supervision, the Ocular Specialty Representative markets and promotes a range of Bausch + Lomb proprietary and generic prescription eye care products to physicians.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion to determine the most effective strategies to promoteBausch + Lombpharmaceutical products to eye care practitioners, hospitals, and other institutions.
- Uses and refines clinical selling techniques that will enable the representative to bring value and influence customer thinking about the ways they can provide treatment and manage patients, including:
- Managing and developing appropriate promotional budget and determining expenditures on promotional activities.
- Visiting ophthalmologists based upon independent assessment of prescription activity and potential growth.
- Utilizing available samples within FDA guidelines to maximize impact with promotional audience.
- BA/BS or equivalent amount of experience
- 3+ years specialty pharmaceutical sales experience with proven track record of success
- Required residence in territory geography
- Knowledge of ophthalmology preferred
- Demonstrated competency with studies/clinical reprints and other third-party proof sources
- Proven PC skills required (Microsoft tools); Computer systems: People soft, GBS, e-mail and other administration
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business trade journals, professional journals, and financial reports as well as write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary
- Valid driver's license to travel to customer locations
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Ability to build a network of customers and industry contacts, including key opinion leaders and speakers
- Successfully presents the Rx, OTC, and Vitamin business as one united company to the customers
- Continue knowledge development and maintain market trends
- Demonstrated ability to achieve annual target incentive
- Candidate should bring value to the customer while having accountability for results
- Skilled in strategic selling with a desire to assist others with success
- Ability to work independently and without direct daily supervision and limited supervision overall
- Ability to work within a team to develop and implement effective marketing and promotional strategies
We recognize your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing is a significant part of what allows you to be successful at work and at home. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Parental Leave Program
- Free Bausch + Lomb Contact Lenses
- Group Legal Services
- Education Assistance Program
- Adoption Benefits
Learn more at
This position may be available in the following location(s): US - Remote
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
Bausch Health is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.