Payloader Operator - #390241
Date: 08/19/2021 19:30 PM
City: Clewiston, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hiring for Future Openings
Position Summary: Reporting to the Team Leader, this is a shift-work position with periodic overtime and recall requirements, including nights, weekends, and holidays, working independently and with minimal supervision, safely and efficiently transfer bagasse (or other materials) to ensure a continuous fuel supply (of bagasse) to the mill boilers, and managing the distribution of bagasse in the field.
- Operate 900 series pay loader (front end loader) and other heavy equipment as needed, using both feet and hands to manipulate foot and hand controls simultaneously.
- Use a radio to verbally communicate with Power Plant staff, take and receive directions from CCR Operator and/or Team Leader.
- Conduct equipment inspections such as checking fluids, tires, belts, and changing filters, documenting results and submitting written equipment reports.
- Consistently maintain adequate levels of bagasse to the bagasse feeders in order to ensure a constant supply of fuel to the boilers, including moving bagasse piles close to the bagasse feeders.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a good work record and disciplinary history.
- Must have 900 series pay loader, or equivalent, operation experience.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, over the radio, and in the classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the work site.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Obtain forklift certification within 30 days of employment.
90% of the work environment is conducted while seated in heavy equipment operating in an open outdoor environment, exposed to variable/extreme weather, reduced visibility, blowing dust and particles, and moving machinery while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, and/or ear plugs), regularly climbing stairs or ladders, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and walking on soft and uneven ground.
10% of the work environment requires occasional lifting, loading, pushing and pulling of up to 55 lbs. unassisted.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.