Sales and Service Associate - #390250
Date: 08/19/2021 19:30 PM
City: Elmhurst, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular - Our bottom line is you.
Elmhurst Jackson Hts NY
The Sales and Service Associate is responsible to perform a dual role in a branch, as needed. This position is responsible for the sale of bank products and services to meet all needs of existing and potential customers while rendering quality service in accordance with bank goals to attain growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
The Sales and Service Asspciate is responsible for the accurate processing of customer transactions while providing courteous, timely, and informative service with which the customer feels completely satisfied. Emphasis is placed on identifying clients’ needs and delivering tailored solutions through a best in class customer experience.
In this position, you will:
- Work with branch manager and supervisor to attain or exceed individual goals
- Confidently build effective, trust-based relationships with clients by listening and uncovering their needs to gain in-depth knowledge of client’s financial life priorities and provide the products/services that are most appropriate for their situation
- Conduct sales activities to gather data and to drive business to the branch, including in person or phone interviews with clients and prospective clients, community involvement, etc.
- Support marketing campaigns and product launches, modifying sales techniques and leveraging marketing tools and branch technology to achieve results
- Educate clients on self-service capabilities and encourage use of digital service channels/banking options (e.g. smart ATM, online and mobile banking, online transfers, People Pay, Mobile Cash, Bill Pay, Digital Wallets, etc.)
- Perform basic inquiries relative to opening of accounts to ensure customer knowledge of account features
- Stay abreast of changes to banking environment, bank competition, and customer's business environment
- Be responsible to act in accordance of all bank policies and regulation to ensure the branch passes assessment and audits
- Effectively execute teller banking transactions in accordance to Popular’s policies and procedures and in adherence to legal and regulatory requirements
- Assist in the processing of night depository bags and currency, and ATM settlements as required
Best in Class Customer Experience
- Consistently perform sales and service activities by adhering to Popular’s key values: professionalism, accountability, customer centricity, and security
- Promote environment of ongoing customer feedback and continuous improvement
- Effectively respond to customers requesting to update or close their accounts, determining reason for dissatisfaction and offer possible alternatives; process account maintenances in a compliant manner
- Support the management of compliance functions including reconciliations, audits (internal/external), reporting, controls, records management, approvals, and opening/closing procedures, ensuring all security procedures are strictly adhered
- Collect, analyze, and secure all necessary documentation for the successful opening of accounts. Notify supervisor of any suspicious or questionable documents
- Promote the branch's active involvement within the community and report all CRA related activities to appropriate unit
- Proactively identify fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity and report such activity to the respective supervisors
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information and adhere to bank policies and procedures at all times
To be considered, you will need:
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent along with at least one year of demonstrated successful sales experience and six months cash handling experience or equivalent related experience and training
- NMLS registration; Safe Act compliant
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.
Nearest Major Market: Queens
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Law, Compliance, Sales, Legal
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.