241 Sales Associate - Store - #390255
Date: 08/19/2021 19:30 PM
City: Cookstown, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
241 Sales Associate - Store
241 Capitol Plaza, 1548 B North Olden Avenue, Ewing, New Jersey, United States of America Req #578
Thursday, August 19, 2021
The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting in the execution of all operational and merchandising functions that occur within the store during their assigned shift. They are responsible for providing excellent customer service to every guest.
II. Major Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions*
• Drive sales to achieve and exceed personal and store goals
• Ensure all funds and merchandise are handled according to Company policy and procedure
• Assist with scheduling a minimum of 1 grass-root event per quarter. • Effectively manage merchandise
• Assist with driving Marketing initiatives
• Provide an exceptional customer service experience to all customers
• Serve as product knowledge expert to educate customers
• Successfully model the Company values
• Serve as a role model to all Associates for exceptional customer service through customer experience
• Drive PLCC to enhance brand loyalty.
• Assist in merchandising, display maintenance, and visual changes to enhance the Brand
• Assist in replenishing floor stock
• Ensure the neatness, maintenance and cleanliness of the store
• Communicate with Store Manager and Full Time Assistant Manager on areas of importance
• Maintain the highest standards in store operations in relation to the Policy and Procedures manual
• Effectively manage time for self.
.Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6– 12 months prior retail experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills. • Ability to apply retail math principles
• Excellent computer skills and ability to use a POS system
• High level of initiative and accountability
• Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the business
• Detail oriented; consistently meets deadlines.
Essential Work Requirements:
This position requires the ability to:
• Ability to lift 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, bending and stretching frequently
• Stand for periods of 8 – 10 hours a day
• Use ladders or other equipment, for the purpose of store and merchandising maintenance
• Work a flexible schedule to include some holidays, most weekends and/or late evenings
• Minimal travel may be required, e.g. district meetings, banking duties.
IV. Interaction; (peer, supervisor, direct reports)
• Daily interaction across all divisions/levels.
V. Organization Chart (reports to)
Any additional information not covered above
Ashley Stewart was founded in 1991. Beginning with the first store in Brooklyn, New York, the Ashley Stewart brand captured the hearts and minds of women searching for fashion-forward, well-tailored but affordable clothing in an easily accessible and welcoming environment.
Today, our customers are able to shop the brand in retail stores across the United States and on-line through our website, www.ashleystewart.com. The website has enabled Ashley Stewart to grow internationally and customers are now able to interact with fellow customers across many different forms of social media. Ashley Stewart will continue to deliver fashion forward style and flattering fit for the trend-savvy, curvy and confident woman.
We believe in a set of core values grounded in fair play, hard work, teamwork and integrity. We believe that success comes from a group of people planning and executing in unison each and every day. We believe that Ashley Stewart exists solely because our customers trust and believe in what the brand stands for. Ashley Stewart stands for confidence, self-esteem, sexiness, class, and sisterhood. Everything we do as a Company is for our customer. Our customer looks at each and every employee as if she/he is Ashley Stewart, a trusted confidante and best friend. Ashley Stewart is as much about a shopping experience, whether it is in the stores or on-line, as it is about merchandise. Ashley Stewart stands for confidence and acceptance.
A job function should be considered essential if: (1) the position exists to perform that function, or (2) there are a limited number of available employees among whom the function can be distributed, or (3) the function is so highly specialized that the incumbent in the position was hired for their ability to perform that function.
FOR JOB EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION USE ONLY
Approved Grade: Compensation Approval: Date:
Disclaimer This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an all-inclusive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
- Job Family
- Pay Type
- Job Start Date
Thursday, August 19, 2021
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.