Copywriter - #390279
Adjective & Co.
Date: 08/19/2021 20:00 PM
City: Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Adjective & Co. is an award-winning branding and full-service advertising agency headquartered in Jacksonville Beach, Florida with satellite offices in New York and Palm Beach. We specialize in brand strategy, branding and design, advertising, social media, and web design/development. We only work with people who don’t suck—that goes for clients AND team members.
Deep down we believe in doing more with less, getting scrappy when needed, and outthinking vs. outspending the competition. Notable un-sucky clients include Gatorade, Insomnia Cookies, Whalebone Magazine, New York Islanders, THE PLAYERS, and ICEMULE Coolers, and many others. We give our team lots of freedom, but it comes with lots of responsibility—and the occasional adult beverage or three.
Us trapped in a bulleted nutshell:
- The Un-agency
- Ad Age Best Places to Work 2021
- 2020 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- Ad Age’s 2018 "Small Agency of the Year" Southeast Gold
- Inc. Magazine's "Top 50 Best Workplaces in the U.S." (regardless of size or industry) 2017, 2018, 2019
- Clients that don't suck
- Not on Facebook
- Love coming to work. Hate leaving.
- Award-winning creative
- Think Winston Wolf, but in agency form
- Out to take over the world
Adjective & Co. is looking for an experienced, top-notch Creative Copywriter who will enhance our clients' brands and build a strong, consistent voice across all media. Rich in the art of wordsmithery, you have gymnast-like creative reflexes—capable of vaulting over email content, cartwheeling through advertising concepts, and triple-somersaulting over brand strategies with poise. You apply a firm-but-calculated headlock to all things creative, and you never back down from explaining the methods to your madness. You know your way around an agency like a boomer does Costco on a Sunday afternoon. You can fly with your squad, fly solo, or just be fly; no matter what wings need flapping, you’re goin’ places.
The Day-to-day Expectations:
- Creative, written excellence. Write, edit and deliver amazing creative work in whatever format deemed necessary to make client dreams into reality.
- Present work like a boss. Being able to confidently run the presentation gamut on a project from internal brief to client approval (we’re talking Keynote to Post-Its and everything in between).
- Never settling for average. Develop and strive towards creating results-driven campaigns from concept to production.
- Do your own tricks. Write what’s expected then over-deliver new and innovative solutions others might not see.
- Write, don’t robot. We want to see what you can really do. Don’t sit down at the table with three scoops of vanilla.
- Collaborate with lead and junior creatives. Work as a team alongside creative and non-creatives to best support larger project and client goals.
- Prepare your head for hats. Be flexible and able to work on various projects and clients at once. Client projects are like Pringles, ya ain’t gonna stop at just one.
- Just kick ass. Anything and everything that is deemed creativity and a never-ending desire to advance your craft and learn.
- Three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience in creative execution—agency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A proven ability to manage large projects, execute against creative briefs and manage all writing needs for a project.
- Experience working in a variety of mediums is necessary; sports, lifestyle and CPG brand experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and ability when it comes to presentation software (particularly Keynote) and comfortable presenting to both internal teams and directly to clients and agency partners.
- We’re an AP Style shop, so you’ll need to freshen up on that style guide bible.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, organization, and some clear experience working directly with clients.
- Possess a solid portfolio displaying your abilities, skills, and experience.
Big Perk Energy:
- Office within walking distance to the ocean in Jax Beach
- Flexible work schedule
- Amazing, collaborative team environment (lots of work, but lots of fun)
- Vacation Un-Policy (take vacation time when you go on vacation)
- All holidays and your birthday off
- Grown-up stuff like healthcare, dental and retirement plan
- Freedom to work when and where is best for you (but see above, you’ll love coming to the office)
- Award shows
- Annual Trips
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.