Program Assistant - Healthcare Informatics & Administration - #390292
Sacred Heart University
Date: 08/19/2021 20:00 PM
City: Fairfield, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About Sacred Heart University:
As the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, and one of the fastest-growing in the U.S., Sacred Heart University is a national leader in shaping higher education for the 21st century. SHU offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its Fairfield, Conn., campus. Sacred Heart also has satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland and offers online programs. More than 9,000 students attend the University's nine colleges and schools: Arts & Sciences; Communication, Media & the Arts; Social Work; Computer Science & Engineering; Health Professions; the Isabelle Farrington College of Education; the Jack Welch College of Business & Technology; the Dr. Susan L. Davis, R.N., & Richard J. Henley College of Nursing; and St. Vincent's College. Sacred Heart stands out from other Catholic institutions as it was established and led by laity. The contemporary Catholic university is rooted in the rich Catholic intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, and at the same time cultivates students to be forward thinkers who enact change-in their own lives, professions and in their communities. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its Best 386 Colleges-2021 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best Business Schools-2021 Edition. Sacred Heart is home to the award-winning, NPR-affiliated radio station, WSHU, a Division I athletics program and an impressive performing arts program that includes choir, band, dance and theater. www.sacredheart.edu
The successful candidate for the Program Assistant position will be able to provide administrative support to the Chair, Program Director and faculty in the Healthcare Informatics & Administration and Public Health Program.
- Creates professional environment in which the department and the program office's objectives may be met.
- Assists in the preparation and management of reports and other documents for the chair and program director.
- Assists faculty with correspondence, typing and other needs
- Maintains program calendar, program library and room schedule of courses
- Develops and maintains database for adjunct faculty
- Prepares agendas, distribution of materials and takes minutes for meetings for the programs
- Monitors and maintains department budget in collaboration with the chair and program director
- Develops and maintains student and alumni database and serves as a liaison to all university programs and offices
- Procures purchasing and faculty travel arrangements for conferences
- Promotes programs and answer questions on phone and in person regarding department's programs
- Acts as a liaison to a variety of personnel, offices, and agencies within and outside of the university
- Maintains student file folders for on-campus/online program from the time of acceptance until graduation.
- Attends and participates at open houses, workshops, conferences, and graduation ceremonies
- Completes all paperwork for new on-campus and online professors
- Handles all drops, change of grade requests, orders report and assists faculty with academic monitoring of students and issues probation or disciplinary letters for student Professional Performance recommendations
- Utilizes discretion and maintains confidentiality in matters involving faculty, students, and parents
- Maintains an efficient filing system for programmatic, budgetary, personnel, and fiscal data
- Assists faculty with grants management
- Assist chair and program director with accreditation reporting and site visit scheduling
- Other duties as assigned by the chair and program director
- Five to seven years of administrative experience, including purchasing, reconciling budgets, expense reports and tracking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outstanding organizational skills; Good time management and analytical skills
- Ability to conduct in-depth internet searches based on program needs Excellent interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage a busy office with multiple tasks.
- Able to work independently and complete tasks in a timely fashion, including occasional tasks requiring a rapid turnaround time.
- Exhibit confidentiality and, initiate judgment.
- Progressively increased responsibility in academic, health care, or business setting.
- Team player
Please apply online, faxes and emails will not be accepted. A cover letter is appreciated.
Sacred Heart University is a space that respects and embraces differences, recognizes the unique contributions that individuals can make, and creates a community that maximizes the potential of all faculty and staff. As an equal opportunity employer applications from qualified candidates who reflect the wider world in which we live are encouraged.
Category: Academics Department: Healthcare Informatics & Administration Locations: Fairfield, CT Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Closes: Open Until Filled Type: Full-time Non-Exempt Position ID: 135500
Job Type: Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.