University Honors College Website Editor - #390299
Oregon State University
Date: 08/19/2021 20:00 PM
City: Corvallis, Oregon
Salary: $1,275 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Honors College (HC) is looking for Website Editor with appropriate technical skills to manage a Drupal 7 website and Wordpress blog for the University Honors College.
Pay based on skill level
- Add new content and features to the HC website and blog
- Maintain forms and existing content on website as requested by HC staff
- Check tagging, duplications, labeling, broken links, pending drafts that need approval, and accessible and consistent formatting for blog and website.
- Link checking/reports – identify and correct broken website links.
- Run web analytics reports, create/edit documentation and user guides.
- Suggest design changes and updates to the HC website and blog
Employment Eligibility Requirements (http://fa.oregonstate.edu/stu-manual/500-employment-eligibility-requirements)
Additional Required Qualifications
- Must be an Honors College student with 2 or more academic years until graduation
- Availability to work during office hours (8am – 5pm M-F). There is flexibility within those timeslots.
- Basic knowledge of web coding languages (e.g. HTML, PHP, CSS)
- Interest in or understanding of web content maintenance
- Willing to participate in training for Drupal and attend on campus workshops and workgroups (as student schedule allows)
- Willingness to learn OSU brand guidelines for web content
- Able to manage time and coordinate tasks
- Punctual and dependable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a part-time position, approximately 10 hours per week. Hours worked can be flexible to accommodate the student’s schedule
Posting Number P07466SE
Number of Vacancies 1
Anticipated Appointment Begin Date 09/20/2021
Anticipated Appointment End Date
Posting Date 07/14/2021
Full Consideration Date 08/31/2021
Closing Date 08/31/2021
Indicate how you intend to recruit for this search Competitive / Student - open to ALL qualified/eligible students
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A Resume/Vita
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position
For additional information please contact: Gildha Cumming, HC Director of Admissions & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Note: All job offers are contingent upon Human Resources final approval.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.