Director of Financial Planning & Budgets - #390310
St Lawrence Health
Date: 08/19/2021 20:00 PM
City: Lisbon, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Director of Financial Planning & Budgets (Exempt)
Reports to: Health System Corporate Controller
The Director of Financial Planning & Budgets, as a member of the Finance Department at St. Lawrence Health will be responsible for leadership and coordination of financial functions related to business planning and budget. This position will have a critical role in connecting finance with operations in an effort to enhance the decision-making processes and impacts of new business & growth with the health system. This position will support organizational business plan prioritization, decision making and presentation for approvals.
- Work to enhance how the organization creates, utilizes, and considers business plans with the goal of a more complete process that culminates in a better decision-making opportunity.
- Work to enhance how the business planning team coordinates data points with each of the various teams within finance to support ROI discussions.
- Assisting senior management, leads financial planning and oversight, including presenting business positive business plans and proposals, including projections (i.e. – capital, cash flow, 3-5 yr. planning, and margin improvements). Prepares financial presentations.
- Support interactions with finance teams to support approved business plans and operational savings opportunity within the upcoming budgets to ensure complete capture of plans in the budget.
- Works in tandem with leadership and finance team on driving budget process, ensuring accuracy of data, completes analytics on variances and works effectively and efficiently to balance budget, resolve discrepancies, and preparing reports for leadership.
- Serves as leadership point of contact for budget questions and resolving budget issues.
- Works with leadership in reporting on, or collating data for, grant or other funding opportunities.
- Other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate somewhat complex financial information.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Exceptional organizational skills; using systematic methods to perform work and creativity to recommend or create new work methods or procedures.
- High level of computer and software competency; proficient with database administration and infrastructure. Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Must have a keen eye for quality of presentation (including validity of data, and format of presenting data).
- Analytical, proactive problem solving skills; techniques to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Communicates professionally and effectively, both orally and written, with the ability to share knowledge and concepts concisely with a wide variety of audiences at all levels of the organization and community.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment are essential.
- Advanced Degree, C.P.A. or C.M.A. is preferred
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 3+ years of experience in the Financial Planning & Analysis or Finance sectors
- 3+ years of experience in managing professionals and the accounting and finance processes
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a director, controller, or higher responsibilities
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.