Shift Leader Burger King 11th Ave, Eugene - #390322
Ambrosia QSR-Burger King
Date: 08/19/2021 20:30 PM
City: Eugene, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
A Shift Leader is an hourly employee who after proper certification is put in charge of limited time segments for the daily operations of a specific restaurant location. Shift Leaders are responsible for assigned shifts with the goal of enhancing/improving guest and team satisfaction along with supporting restaurant initiatives. Shift Leaders work in the front of the hours during peak hours to ensure the team is working together and guest have a quality experience. Shift Leaders are proficient in all team member positions and can handle operations safely when a manager is not present. Responsibilities will vary based upon the restaurant’s needs. The following is a list of some of the responsibilities and is not intended to describe all duties this position may perform. All Shift Leaders are expected to perform tasks/job duties assigned to them.
- Ensure all food orders, specialty drinks and desserts follow company recipes and are always accounted for in the POS system.
- Organize for shift readiness and position team members to meet the sales demands of the restaurant. Use and manage the waste and prep systems to control expenses.
- Use equipment, small wares, and products for their intended purpose. Trouble shoot minor equipment issue and report any non-working or unsafe equipment concerns immediately. Ensure staff uses all safety equipment as required.
- Follow all cash policies.
- Work with friendliness and a sense of urgency; greet every guest.
- Ensure that every guest has an exceptional visit every time they visit the restaurant. Resolve issues with positivity and sound judgement.
- Walk through the entire restaurant checking on parking lot, bathrooms, dining rooms and talk to guests at their tables, asking how their meal was.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and a ‘guest first’ behavior. Promote excellent customer service.
- Train and develop existing staff. Follow training plans and systems in place to achieve targeted goals.
- Ensure that employee breaks are administered and know minor work limitations are adhered to.
- Does not let anyone on the team perform work duties if he/she displays symptoms of being sick or not fit for duty.
- Report employee and/or guest complaints immediately.
- Promotes a safe and comfortable work environment that supports inclusion and does not tolerate harassment/discrimination/retaliation.
- Manage all food safety regulations and follow restaurant safety procedures; ensure all required postings are visible to employees.
- Follow all marketing plans to ensure the staff is trained and prepared for promotions.
- Wear a headset to listen for how the team is interacting with the guest and then praise, coach or re-direct when needed.
- Trouble-shoot basic equipment maintenance issues.
- Implement and administer team policies, procedures, and behaviors to ensure a safe and positive work environment. Promote inclusion and no tolerance for harassment/discrimination/retaliation.
- Ensure daily food safety compliance measures and operational standards.
- Communicate with the Restaurant General Manager and support above restaurant leaders when necessary.
- Supervise on-shift personnel.
- Execute great guest service and team member support by working in front as much as possible. Be available to team members and guest to resolve issues and/or concerns.
Qualifications and Skills*
- Must be 18 years old to be a manager for Ambrosia QSR.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and pass e-verify upon initial hire.
- Required: Pass a criminal background check. Any offer of employment from an external source is contingent on the outcome of this process.
- Ability to use a computer and perform basic functions.
- Able to communicate with co-workers and supervisors effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be a team player and willing to demonstrate personal responsibility including but not limited to: being on time, in uniform, treat others with how you would like to be treated, and take pride in work and perform with energy, empathy and engagement.
- Ability to recognize the business needs and work with store leaders to implement problem solving measures.
Education and Work Experience*
- Preferred: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required: Serv Safe Certificate.
- External hires must have 6+ months of direct food/retail lead experience.
- Some experience using a POS system is preferred.
Necessary Tools and Equipment
- Hot kitchen equipment including but not limited to; toasters, broilers, fryers, steam tables, warming units, ovens, and microwaves (safety equipment is provided and required to be worn when working with designated equipment).
- Slicers, choppers, and corers (cutting gloves are provided and required to be worn when working with specified equipment).
- Beverage equipment: soda machines, shake machines and mixers, coffee makers and blenders for specialty beverages.
- POS systems; cash registers, and time keeping equipment.
- Janitorial supplies-brooms, dust pans, deck brushes, towels, buckets, chemicals, toilet brushes, and dish washing supplies.
Location: 3715 W 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.