Receptionist - Medical Office - Full Time - Saint Joseph Health Center - Plymouth - #390323
Saint Joseph Health System
Date: 08/19/2021 20:30 PM
City: Plymouth, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Performs clerical, reception, scheduling and patient financial account functions in the ambulatory care setting. Assists in coordinating primary health care services to a large outpatient client population.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Greets patients and other visitors arriving for appointments, and notifies the appropriate associate(s), or directs the patient/visitor to appropriate service or facility. Must be able to communicate via telephone and in person in a professional, courteous, friendly, and non-intimidating manner.
4. Obtains, verifies, and enters patient information into Medical Practice Software and/or Electronic Medical Record. Insures the accuracy of all entries.
5. Performs telephone reception duties, answers routine questions, takes messages and refers calls to the appropriate associate(s) per individual ambulatory care setting policies and procedures.
6. Schedules, reschedules and cancels patient office visits as determined by physician preference and specific ambulatory care setting procedures. May include scheduling of referral tests and procedures ordered by the physician.
7. Depending on the ambulatory care office, assures all records are available to the physician for phone messages, and prepares patient medical record for office visit.
8. Performs basic filing, scanning and photocopying duties.
9. Depending on the ambulatory care office, may be required to verify and enter charges, collect and post payments, balance daily charges, prepare daily deposit, and close down the computer.
10. Manages flow of paperwork through the registration process. Assures that patients are kept informed of appointment time delays.
11. Knowledgeable of third party payer policies and procedures, documentation requirements, and patient instruction procedures.
12. Maintains knowledge and skills of front office operations in order to assist as necessary with reception, medical records, scheduling, and billing functions. 13. Maintains a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of the medical office, other medical offices, hospital services, and community agencies.
14. Maintains technological competencies, organization, and neatness in the work area. Completes all mandatory in-services in required timeframe. Regularly assists co-workers as needed. Utilizes resources in a manner which reflects an understanding of proper stewardship.
15. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: High school graduate or equivalent is preferred. Previous training in general medical office skills and procedures preferred. Proficient and knowledgeable of medical terminology is preferred, but not required.
Experience: One to two years of experience in an ambulatory care setting is preferred. Experience may include: cashier, basic account posting, billing, filing, reception, telephone, or computer operations.
Other Job Requirements:
Must be tactful in handling patient problems often of a highly personal and confidential nature.
Must be able to maintain composure during frustrating interpersonal situations.
Sustained mental attention required.
Works under direct supervision, but requires independent thinking and only unusual problems proceeding to the highest level.
Ability to adjust communication skills to the level of the patient
Complete the checklist below to identify physical and sensory requirements, and environmental settings
May need to occasionally travel to other SJPN locations within the three county area.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.