Monitor II, Cmty Cor - #390345
Date: 08/19/2021 20:30 PM
City: Corpus Christi, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At CoreCivic we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Monitor II, Community Corrections who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in a residential setting
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services and residential and non-residential transition centers. We provide effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and over 50 community residential and non- residential centers. Our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Monitor II, Community Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents. In addition, this person will assist with mentoring, developing and training team members.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the completion and quality of work performed by residents, where applicable.
- Provide guidance to monitoring staff on shift. Monitor daily activities to ensure head counts are conducted and logged at predetermined times and when necessary. Conduct and/or ensure all accountability calls are completed within required time-frame (i.e. home detention, social, work and weekend pass).
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Six months experience in a security related field is required.
- Experience in correctional management is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.