Senior Mechanical Engineer - #390359
Date: 08/19/2021 21:00 PM
City: Kernersville, North Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Texwipe, an ITW Company, is the worldwide leader in contamination control supplies & critical cleaning products. For over 50 years, Texwipe has been committed to manufacturing products such as cleanroom wipers, swabs, and stationery, sterile products, adhesive mats, and so much more! We are consistently growing and looking to add team members to our dynamic environment who are looking to make a global impact.
With headquarters in Kernersville, North Carolina, the company has a global presence with sales offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. In addition, Texwipe's manufacturing centers throughout North Carolina, the Philippines, and China provide the highest levels of quality and manufacturing technology. Working for Texwipe means you will have a lasting impact on critical industries across the world.
The organization's commitment to technology, innovation, & service excellence provides the most consistent and highest quality products for its customers. Texwipe also pledges to provide fairness and transparency, fair and consistent treatment, & development opportunities. Texwipe promises to be an organization that stands by its commitments to its customers and employees, improving and growing into the future.
What can Texwipe offer you? See below!
- Robust training program and career development opportunities
- 3 - for 1 company gift match program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Multiple health plan options along with dental, vision, and life insurance.
- FSA, HSA, and DCA options
- Wellness resources & discounted employee health premiums
- Employer-paid STD/LTD & AD&D benefits
- Paid parental leave
- 12 paid company holidays
- 401(K) plan with generous company match
As a key member of the l Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for analyzing, designing, maintaining, improving, and releasing world-class machinery. Collaborating with other team members, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will implement our equipment and design standards in line with customer specifications and the ITW 80/20 philosophy. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will lead and execute design projects in coordination with peers.
- Follow all ISO and plant safety systems.
- Autonomously lead critical design projects in coordination with the greater department.
- Create solutions by performing/leading complex tasks relating to the design, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems.
- Document and develop process trials, equipment validation, and training manuals.
- Create and document mechanical drawings of new and existing equipment, and develop preventative maintenance procedures for all processes.
- Lead mechanical engineering studies, the preparation of product specifications, and the development of cost estimates.
- Support the development of new machine models by interfacing with customers, assembly, purchasing, and service to drive continuous improvement.
- Perform more intricate product development activities including CAD layout, specification interpretation, complex design creation, design analysis, and product line standardization.
- Partner with peers, operations, service, and customers to drive problem diagnosis, root cause analysis, cost-effectiveness evaluation, efficiency, and reliability.
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating and maintaining accurate bills of material while effectively managing change control in the ERP system.
- Provide work leadership and training to lower-level professional and technical staff.
- Share knowledge of key software (design creation/publishing/storage) with less-experienced personnel.
- Travel as needed to support the installation, troubleshooting, and training to other sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. and 3 to 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar discipline.
- Minimum 20 years of related experience within Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in design engineering working within a cross-functional engineering team in the fields of machine design, conveyor or material handling equipment design, and/or robotic system design.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve real-world engineering design problems in a work environment via hand-calculations and/or software (FEA, CFD, 1D Fluid Flow, Structural, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of mechanical design utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Ability to lead complex design projects with minimal supervision and deliver results through cross-collaboration within a team environment.
- Advanced understanding of Mechanical and Mechatronic system designs and Mechanical components utilized in automated packaging systems.
- Ability to develop a range of technical solutions autonomously and in partnership with internal functions and external bodies (interfacing teams, suppliers, customers, etc.).
- Highly proficient in creating technical mechanical designs and drawings utilizing 3D CAD software and SolidWorks.
- Experience developing products and generating (or overseeing the generation of) manufacturing/assembly models, drawings, bills of material, and/or instructions.
- Strong ability to define a problem, determine root cause, develop a corrective action plan, and drive resolution.
- Ability to clearly present technical information in and to lead project/team meetings.
- Ability to develop talent through coaching and mentoring to motivate others to excel.
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and written communication, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Hands-on experience with products and/or equipment
- 3D modeling software experience: Solidworks
- 2D modeling software experience: AutoCAD
- Analysis software experience: Ansys, Solidworks Simulation, Solidworks Flow, STAAD, Power BI/Tableau.
- Experience performing statistical analysis and/or interpreting statistical analysis results and using those results to drive decisions.
Texwipe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.