IT Technical Project Manager - #390360
Date: 08/19/2021 21:00 PM
City: Pleasanton, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Simpson Strong-Tie.
Sanitizing: Increased cleaning and disinfecting of facilities
Hand Sanitizer and Wipes: Providing hand sanitizer and wipes throughout our facilities
Face Coverings: Providing face coverings for employees
Limited Guests and Vendors: Limiting guests and vendors to those who are essential only
Extended Sick Pay: Encouraging employees to stay home when sick
Travel: Banning the use of public transportation for business purposes, when possible
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there’s a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you’re in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you’ll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other.
As the IT Technical Project Manager, you will manage multiple IT platform and software related projects. You will work cross-functionally to define and articulate the objectives of the projects while highlighting the impact on the business. Your role is to lead all aspects of the project implementation and associated program, which may include defining and managing the list of dependent projects that need to be completed to reach the overall goal. To be successful, you will roll-up your sleeves and perform multiple roles throughout implementation, including business analyst and quality assurance. This position reports to the SVP of IT and is located at the Pleasanton, CA Home Office.
If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: https://youtu.be/PUqzuWryYcU
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Project Management (60%)
- Responsible for leading projects on across our different Applications Systems, including Hybris/SAP CCV2, Salesforce, Atlassian, Engineering Applications, Service-Now and other internal IT systems . You will lead project planning, scope management, project execution, quality management, cost, and risk management. Serve as the main point of contact between Simpson Strong-Tie and external development partner and vendors as needed.
- Serve as the main point of contact between Simpson Strong-Tie and external development partner and vendors as needed.
- Create detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Ensure integration of multiple projects and reports projects status, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the requirements of the business.
- Lead teams and collaborate with other managers to deliver on an overall project plan.
- Participate with stakeholders in the project ideation process and development of business cases for new projects. Bring relevant implementation experience to bear in estimating costs, risks, and benefits of proposed projects.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in project management and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans. Resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
- Interact regularly with key business stakeholders, leaders and executives. Ensure ongoing communication of progress against program objectives.
Product Management (20%)
- Work with stakeholders to identify solutions and assist in the gathering/defining of requirements as needed; this may include: requirements analysis, and documentation; functional specification creation, review, and approval; technical specification creation and review; overall coordination with stakeholders and development of documentation as required by the SDLC process.
System Ownership & Support (20%)
- Work with Business Owners to develop long term support and growth objectives
- Work closely with technical platform owner to ensure long term sustainability.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience is required.
- PMP Certification or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- ITIL and/or COBIT certifications preferred
- Hybris/SAP CCV2, Aras, Service-Now, and Salesforce system knowledge/operating experience preferred
- 5 years’ project management experience deploying enterprise software solutions preferably for companies with a global presence.Must have played a key role in delivery of projects as the overall project manager, or lead for a specific track of the project.
- 3 years’ experience in application development, support, or as a business analyst.
- 3 years’ experience with requirements gathering and documentation, writing functional and/or technical specifications, conducting testing, and participating in the SDLC process.
- 3 years’ IT experience:Enterprise level experience with major enterprise e-commerce applications platforms (i.e. SAP, Hybris, Aras, Salesforce)
- 3 years’ enterprise applications implementation support experience: Experience with change control processes, change and incident management, and applications lifecycle management
- Project Management:
- Enterprise implementation experience
- Demonstrated success working with business partners to implement and support, mission-critical applications.
- Experience managing projects within a defined SDLC process.
- Experience developing business cases
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies
- Experience managing third-party vendor development and configuration work
- Ability to create and articulate the vision for success to the project team
- Must exhibit strong communication skills (oral & verbal).
- Experience leading project teams
- Experience managing large/multiple implementations simultaneously.
- Experience managing internal business partner needs and external vendor relationships.
- Supports and maintains a positive working relationship with peers, associates, team members and management.
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the business
- Vendor Management:
- Experience directing and leading vendor consulting and support groups for project implementations.
- Experience reviewing and developing RFP’s, Statements of Work, and leading software evaluations
- Experience with establishing and managing support organizations post-project delivery, (incident management, and support metrics.)
- Technical Skills:
- Business analysis and requirements management
- Quality assurance and testing
- Project Management (Jira/Confluence/Smartsheet) tools - preferred
This position requires domestic and international travel up to 25% of the time.
Work Status & Location
This full-time, exempt position is located in Pleasanton, CA.
Relocation may be available for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.