UX/IX Lead Designer - #390369
Date: 08/19/2021 21:00 PM
City: Santa Ysabel, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At HP, our mission is to delight users with amazing experiences. Our Global Experience and Design team is seeking creative team-players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We are looking for passionate visionaries that want to make the world a better place for everyone, everywhere. We offer the opportunity for individual growth, and to be part of a team that drives impact on a global scale.
Global Experience and Design (GxD) is a group of creative thinkers. We are responsible for defining the customer experience. We strive to understand core user needs and emotional desires. We lead and facilitate the creative process to create amazing experiences for users in the home and office. We embrace user-centered design principles. We value deep thinking and long-term decisions. We believe that design is a blend of scientific insight combined with incredible creativity.
At HP, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that people love to use and welcome into their home or business. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
As a Ux/Ix Lead Designer for GxD team, you will lead and collaborate closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight HP products' unique capabilities and personalities.
You’ll also contribute to the roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications. You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world.
You enjoy translating Ux research and specifications into Ix principles, patterns and specs that are resilient, leverageable and reusable across the different services and solutions that we ship creating true engagement and delight to our customers.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key features for HP products, services and solutions
- Translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into meaningful and tangible design deliverables
- Responsible for all stages of user experience design and development for a portfolio of complex products and services, including experience/information architecture, validation, and experience specifications
- Become a role model for younger Designers in the team and stakeholders around design best practices, processes and tools
- Define user experience research at various stages, communicate research findings to design and product development stakeholders
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall user experience design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new methodologies and design language into projects and activities in the user experience design organization
- Lead multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on user experience design and development
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent
- Typically 10+ years experience in digital design in the service industry and ecommerce
- Broad experience applying human center design methodologies to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products or service designs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture
- Recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Figma, Creative Suite, Pen & Paper, etc.)
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.