Technician IV, Calibration - #390391
Date: 08/19/2021 21:00 PM
City: St. Joseph, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position will be responsible for the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of Critical, Non-Critical, and Safety instrumentation in the Calibration program. The instrumentation includes but not limited to temperature, pressure, analytical, speed, mass, dimensional, flow, relative humidity devices, lab equipment, safety devices and/or HEPA testing and design requirements (terminal HEPAs, in line HEPAs, Unidirectional flow devices, and Bio Safety cabinets). The job duties are based on an individual basis as determine what is best for the Calibration Group and company needs.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, install, test, calibrate, maintain and repair assigned instrumentation within assigned time frames, and document performance through hard copy and/or electronic database entry into Calibration Management Software, following all applicable cGxP regulations and requirements.
- Act as the subject matter expert in assisting End Users in identifying User Requirement Specifications, assisting Engineering in designing and specifying design and purchase of standalone and system based instrumentation of cGxP controls, instrumentation, HEPAs, Unidirectional flow devices, Bio Safety Cabinets, and Safety devices.
- Document through a variety of cGxP systems, including part 11 compliant databases such as, but not limited to Calibration Management Software, ICON, and Trackwise.
- Will perform cGxP System Calibration Commissioning tasks including identifying, writing, and following required procedures, building equipment/system hierarchies to insure the appropriate system history is captured, assist in initial set up and tuning of instrumentation, tagging of instrumentation, and set up in Part 11 compliant Database.
- Repeatable deviations, effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions.
- Will perform in-depth and advanced troubleshooting on various process controls, safety instrumentation, and/or HEPAs, Unidirectional flow devices, Bio Safety Cabinets. Will participate as a team member on various process improvement and expansion initiatives.
- Will identify required spare instrumentation to achieve the highest state of equipment reliability and prevent extended production downtimes. Will document and work with storeroom personnel to insure that adequate spares are on hand.
- Will provide training, supervision, set up and scheduling with contracted vendors as required to insure cost effectiveness, and compliance with internal calibration programs requirements.
- A two-year technical degree from an accredited institution or minimum of five (5) years of experience in Process Instrumentation and Calibration.
- Experience in calibration, troubleshooting, maintaining, service and/or repair of pneumatic, electric/electronic control systems, automation systems, HVAC and/or process control systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, P&IDs, understanding of PLC system and controls, as well as BMS and SCADA systems experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Pharma process and utility systems is preferred
- Quality mind-set.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job - Engineering/Facility Management/Infrastructure
Primary Location - Americas-US-MO-Saint Joseph
Organization - US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Schedule - Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.