System Support Programmer - #390394
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position Type :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Type Of Hire :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Each team member is valued for their unique talents and skills. Collectively, a diverse skill set, way of thinking, experiences, idea generation and problem solving helps to create an effective team. They communicate openly with each other, sharing their thoughts, opinions, and ideas with members of their team. Open communication is key to insure we the team stays focused on assigned goals, expected results and provide the support needed to be successful in this role
What you will be doing:
YOU will be joining a team of experienced software support engineers whose primary responsibility is to ensure the Debit Card processing platform FIS provides for our clients maintain high levels of availability. The team will provide the support and training you will need to be successful in this role. Additionally, in this role you will work with various internal product support teams to ensure applications are performing as expected.
- Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
- Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components.
- Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software abends, performance and resource consumption.
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software.
- 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software.
- Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, and preferably 3-5 year of software development and support work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
- Team skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Added bonus if you have:
- Background is software development
- Experience with IBM Mainframe applications
- Database Experience
- Linux, Jboss & Websphere
- Experience with network topologies and infrastructure
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.