Managed IT Services Technician (3rd Shift) - #390397
RSM US LLP
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Le Claire, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
*CAN BE LOCATED IN Dubuque, Des Moines, OR Davenport*
**Hours for this role are Sunday-Thursday, Midnight-9am**
The RSM Cloud & Managed Services Service Desk Technican role is to ensure proper computer operation so that client’s end-users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving client’s end-user support requests and escalating service tickets when considered appropriate and necessary in order to maintain SLA expectations. Issue resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and support request tracking tools.
- Initial level of client support responsible for basic troubleshooting of client issues.
- Field incoming support requests via telephone, email, and ticket portal to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of client end-user issues.
- Dispatch support requests to other Service Desk Technicans as needed or other RSM field consultants as outlined in the client documentation.
- Adhere to documented processes and procedures in accordance with RSM Cloud & Managed Services SOC audit controls.
- Document all pertinent client end-user identification information, including client name, end-user name, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from client contacts.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced RSM Cloud & Managed Services Service Desk Technicans, Systems Engineer or Field Resource.
- Record, track and document the support request problem solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet / Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the RSM Cloud & Managed Services Team.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to support requests.
- Develop support request sheets and FAQ lists for client end-users and other RSM Service Desk Tecnicans and Field consultants.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage client and end-user expectations.
- Alert RSM Cloud & Managed Services Management to emerging trends in service requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related preferred and/or combination of education and relevant experience
- 0 - 3 years of experience in a technology end-user support role.
- MCSE or MCSA a plus
- Citrix experience a plus
- Financial Institution experience a plus
- Storage Area Network (SAN) experience a plus
- Virtualization (VMWare or HyperV) experience a plus
- Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016 experience a plus
- O365 experience a plus
- Windows desktop and server operating system experience a plus
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Prior consulting and project management experience a plus
- Excellent client skills and customer relationship management skills, with proven ability to build relationships with key decision makers
- Solid understanding of business and information technology processes
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest. Overnight travel is less than 5%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.