Instructional Aide (SE)- ECSE Pre-K -(CES) - #390404
Boerne Independent School District
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Boerne, Texas
Salary: $1,203 - $1,733 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Help meet physical and instructional needs of individual students with disabilities inside and outside classroom. Assist with the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP), including self-help, behavior management, and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Two year’s experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help meet the individual needs of student(s) including transferring to and from wheelchairs; lifting and positioning; interpreting instructions; and assisting with physical needs and personal care such as feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
- Help manage the behavior of assigned student(s). This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student as needed.
- Recognize differences in student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs and adapt methods and interaction according.
- Work with assigned student(s) or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
- Assist assigned students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned student(s).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive equipment used by students
- Posture: Frequent standing; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking and reaching
- Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); Occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds or over) and positioning or students with physical disabilities, controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting nonambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive and other classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases)
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Work status: Non Exempt
Pay grade: PP02
At-Will: Letter of reasonable assurance (LORA)
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.