ADA Coordinator - #390408
Central New Mexico Community College
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Placitas, New Mexico
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Position Title: ADA Coordinator
Requisition Number: req2049
Compensation: 70,413.00 - 84,496.00
Job Grade: E7
Department: Disability Resource Center
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Compensation Type: Exempt (Salaried)
Campus Location: Main Campus
This is a benefits-eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ADA Coordinator is responsible for implementing, monitoring, and enforcing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for the College. Title II of the ADA ensures that individuals with disabilities have equal access and opportunities through education and employment. The ADA Coordinator facilitates CNM’s compliance with applicable laws including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990, 2008) as well as any other federal, state, and local laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination and harassment on the basis of disability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and enforces College’s policies related to prohibiting discrimination and harassment based on disability.
- Develops and manages budget for improvement of provision of accommodation, staff training and other improvements.
- Receives, analyzes, and responds to requests for ADA accommodations for community members at CNM sponsored events.
- Respond to external complaints filed against the College including complaints of violations of ADA regulations related to disabilities and their accommodation.
- Tracks, investigates, responds to, and acts as a facilitator in complaint resolutions under Title II of the ADA.
- Facilitate training and technical assistance workshops for achieving and maintaining compliance with ADA.
- Assist departments with methods for providing modifications and accommodations to ensure that accessibility and access are integrated into daily operations, policies, education, and public information.
- Reviews and develops relevant policies, practices, and procedures to create or maintain compliance with disability-related laws. Make recommendations for actions to overcome identified issues and establishes goals to ensure implementation.
- Coordinates with the Dean of Students Office, the Human Resources Office and other relevant departments on complaints alleging discrimination and discrimination and non-compliance under the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination based on disability.
- Monitors and ensures the College’s compliance with state and federal disability laws.
- Prepares written correspondence and comprehensive reports related to assigned areas.
- Provides ADA guidance and advice on compliance to all sectors of the CNM community regarding issues relating to disabilities and accommodation.
- Responsible for leading the development, implementation, and review of CNM policies, procedures, and grievance processes to maintain compliance with the Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990, 2008).
- Developing policy that support CNM’s values to provide inclusive access to the CNM students and the community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Two (2) years experience as an ADA coordinator or other experience coordinating disability accommodation requests and the interactive process.
- ADAC (or ability/willingness to complete ADA Training Certification Program within 18 months).
- 3+ years of experience working within ADA/504 framework.
- 3+ years of experience in higher ed setting, preferably a 2-yr institution.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution/mediation skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of technological tools and platforms.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
Cover letter and resume is required. Interview invites will be sent through the online system.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.