Director, Resource Planning - #390421
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Kansas City, Missouri
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The hub of the agency wheels. Champion of creative staffing and resource planning solutions. The driver of the Resource Planning practice and facilitator of the who and when.
This is the Director of Resource Planning. And the best part about all of it? They get to work with some of the most talented, driven, engaging, and creative folks in the industry. Win/win/win, if you ask us.
So… if you think you have what it takes to saddle up and join a team of driven doers, send us a note. In a timely, organized manner, of course.
The Director of Resource Planning will serve as a key leader within our Brand Operations team with the responsibility of providing accurate staffing resources for internal teams across Barkley. You will be a collaborator and facilitator with key stakeholders across the organization to meet resourcing demands for client and agency initiatives. A master at using data and analytics to inform capacity planning and forecasting. The Director of Resource Planning understands the employee skill sets and experience necessary to execute effectively across all project work. As this is a newer role for Barkley, there will be an opportunity to recommend and implement new practices, strategies, processes and develop solutions in collaboration with our Brand Operations team and the rest of the agency.
- Managing staffing logistics for both internal and client needs, ensuring resourcing requests are fulfilled in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring staffing plans stay current based on everchanging client resourcing needs
- Initiating external hiring solutions when internal staffing solutions are not possible and gather approvals from through appropriate, internal channels to quickly expedite the onboarding process
- Developing and maintaining a central repository of freelance and temporary staffing options to supplement the full-time teams, if needs can not be bet internally
- Escalate to the appropriate department stakeholder any information related to increase or decrease in capacity, workload, and projected staffing needs
- Driving resourcing recommendations to key stakeholders and escalates trends and findings to better inform hiring and forecasting decisions
- Coordinate and facilitate weekly resource meetings for full visibility of priorities and upcoming needs
- Maintaining accurate supply and demand data in workforce management tools and implement new reports and/or dashboards to provide near real-time visibility into agency and Resource Planning KPIs
- Managing assignments, hours, contracts (if external), and extensions of resources based on capacity/demand
- Continuous tracking and analysis of supply and demand data, identifying trends or issues, and providing clear and timely recommendations to leadership to resolve those issues
- Reviewing bandwidth and manage resource sharing across leadership teams on an ongoing basis, proactively working to ensure maximum utilization
- Building and maintaining internal relationships by understanding Barkley’s overarching business initiatives and the potential impact on capacity and utilization
- Partnering with multiple departments to identify areas for improvement within resource management and develop action plans for process improvement
- 7+ years of experience with resourcing, traffic management, sourcing, and deploying internal resources within a medium to a larger organization
- Proven track record with establishing strong relationships with internal teams
- Ability to analyze and provide accurate/detailed reporting to the leadership team to maintain the balance of supply and demand
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple priorities at the same time
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and problem solve situations in an efficient manner
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Project management experience or account management experience is highly desirable
- Acute understanding of how work is delivered for clients in an agency setting is highly desirable - spanning across strategy, research, analytics, media, design, and creative
Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- We believe being radically diverse and inclusive is the key to becoming one of the world’s great creative idea companies. By embracing everything that makes our partners who they are and what makes them unique to the world around them, we create the conditions and capacity to help creative, original thinking thrive.
- Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.
Job Type: Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.