Private Cello Teacher - #390431
Menchey School Of Music Llc
Date: 08/19/2021 21:30 PM
City: Airville, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking to join a vibrant lesson studio to further your teaching career? Menchey Music Service, the areas largest family owned music store, has over 80 studios throughout our 8 locations. We are always looking for qualified teachers to join our Menchey School of Music team.
Due to fast pace growth, we have an opening for a private Cello teacher at our York, PA location.
This position requires teacher availability weekday evenings beginning at 4pm or Saturdays.
Teacher Benefits at Menchey Music. . .
- 25% off Menchey price on all music, employee discount on instruments
- Educator pricing on accessories
- Coverage / Bio in marketing literature (including Web Site)
- Convenient access to printed music and most instrument accessories
- Access to the most flexible rental plans in area for band & orchestral instruments, pianos, and guitars
- Access to intermediate / professional level instruments
- Use of the Menchey Music Service "On Approval" privilege for printed music
- Office support from Music Education Coordinator during business hours
- Use of instruments, music stands, chairs,
- Clean, safe, private studios with ample parking
- Recital opportunities for students
- The 25% discount on music is to be reserved for the teachers personal use only.
Job title: Music Lesson Teacher
Reports to: Store Manager(s)
Minimum starting hourly rate: $30.00
Summary/objective Music lesson teachers may handle vocal instruction, instrument instruction, or both. Lessons may be private or group. Music lesson teachers may work at one or more of our music stores, providing instruction to clients in a designated room or provide instruction through online lessons.
- Teach beginner, intermediate or advanced music lessons to a diverse population of students.
- Communicate effectively with students and parents of students (where applicable) on the progress of each student with positive and constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with store personnel to maximize lesson experience.
- Use provided learning management tool(s) keeping track of what students are learning, present creative (online) lessons, assign practices, and track student attendance.
- Use provided payroll and human resource information system completing weekly timesheets and performing required training and compliance tasks.
- The ability to effectively maintain and keep track of student records and appointments.
- The ability to teach lessons and retain students.
- The ability to teach music theory and technique using music that students know and love.
- The ability to teach different types of learners to further their knowledge and skills.
- The ability to gain and keep the attention of students by providing an encouraging, fun, and focused, lesson environment.
- The ability to use technology (email, learning management systems, human resource systems, etc.) effectively to keep lines of communication and compliance open.
Supervisory responsibilities: None.
Work environment: Either at an in-store lesson studio or working from home (remote lesson environment).
Position type and expected hours of work: Part time, teaching music lessons, primarily after school hours and on weekends.
Travel: NONE other than to affiliated store location(s) where studios are located.
Required education, experience, and abilities
- Two (2) years of college level music experience or five (5) years of music teaching/performance experience or a combination of both.
- Possess an understanding of music concepts and theory and be able to communicate effectively to students of all ages.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality aligned with our culture and mission.
- Patience to work with students of all ages and abilities.
- Specialty in one or more instruments.
Preferred education and experience
- A bachelor's degree (or degree in progress) in music education or performance or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Professional music teaching association membership.
- Experience working with youth and/or beginner musicians.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.