Speech Language Pathologist | Full Time - #390453
Therapy Management Corporation
Date: 08/19/2021 22:00 PM
City: Doyline, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Join one of the top therapy providers in the US as we revolutionize the industry! As a speech language pathologist at TMC, you will oversee the core clinical functions of your discipline including conducting screenings, providing evaluations, and developing plans of care. You will work within the interprofessional team in a holistic, patient-centered approach by providing education, training and care coordination to ensure safe and effective transition through the continuum of care. We believe in a proactive approach to intervention that focuses on the unique role of rehabilitation in the prevention of declines and complications before they happen, as well as the utilization of evidence-based approaches to care that deliver superior patient outcomes. TMC has ample opportunities for growth for both clinical skills and leadership development. Highlights: The FT Speech Position is for our facility Town & Country Health & Rehab in Minden LA.
Apply for this job online
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of records in regard to patient care for all patients on personal case load.
- Responsible for the correct reporting of billing information of Speech Therapy in regard to all patients on personal case load.
- Provide direct patient care as prescribed, including evaluation and treatment planning.
- Responsible for the reporting and interpretation of treatment results.
- Participate in development and presentation of in-services for the facility as requested.
- Supervise support personnel in immediate work areas as appropriate.
- Perform clinical functions: screens, evaluations, development of treatment plans, and delivery of treatment in accordance with Medicare, ASHA and state guidelines, as well as facility and TMC's policies and procedures.
- Participate in meetings regarding patient care as appropriate.
- Assist when appropriate with any community education and public relations activities of the facility.
- Provide education to patient's family as well as staff on the specific treatment plan as well as therapy goals for the patient.
- Responsible for the coordination and cooperation with other staff members in carrying out the treatment plan as established.
- Maintains records required by practice setting, third-party payers, and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to program planning and development.
- Terminates services formulating discontinuation and follow-up plans when maximum benefit is received.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Functions according to the ASHA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the profession.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited Speech Language Pathology program.
- Certification in accordance with the requirements of the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Licensed by the State in the designated geographic area in his/her respective therapy profession.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the following tasks without posing a threat to the health or safety of him/herself, co-workers, caregivers, or patients; lift, turn, move position, and transport the patient into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a minimum of minimal assist transfer. Minimal assist transfers are defined for purposes of this document as the ability to lift and control 50 pounds.
TMC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.