Territory Account Executive - #390460
Guide One Insurance
Date: 08/19/2021 22:00 PM
City: Jackson, Mississippi
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
GuideOne is committed to making the world a better place by protecting the organizations— churches, educational institutions, senior living communities and nonprofit organizations —that serve the greater good. Our Sales department is critical to our success as we strive to grow our member roster by promoting the GuideOne brand. By focusing on what makes us different from more traditional insurance companies, our Sales department has an impressive and compelling story to tell. It serves the important role of strengthening GuideOne's relationship with members and serving as the face of our company in recruiting new members. By building strong relationships, the Sales department is empowering our members to make positive change possible.
The Territory Account Executive (TAE) is primarily responsible for the management of the assigned territory including new business production, direct written premium, and renewal business. The Territory Account Executive is the senior most business development and relationship management role in the territory working closely with large independent agencies, national and regional brokers, wholesalers, and aggregators to formulate and execute distribution strategies within the territory. In addition, collaborate with field and home office underwriting to analyze and price risk profitably while increasing share of wallet with distribution partners. In some cases, the TAE may be granted underwriting authority commensurate with their background and experience. This role requires a leader who can link strategy to execution.
As the Territory Account Executive, you will be responsible for the following:
- Annually creates territory distribution strategy conferring with senior leadership and field underwriting in support of financial plans.
- Drive financial performance of assigned territory exceeding premium and profitability goals.
- Drive national and local strategies to maximize revenue growth, customer acquisition, and business retention.
- Leverage industry and territory knowledge to develop robust pipeline for sustainable growth.
- Lead engagement with large independent agencies, national and regional brokers, wholesalers, and aggregators in the territory to maximize production.
- Serves as the business development leader recruiting new distribution partnerships that create strategic value and drive highly scalable partnerships.
- Execute the territory distribution strategy methodologies focusing on new and renewal business plans, segmentation, and individual sales plans for select clients.
- Work to position the company as a lead carrier for business that fits underwriting appetite.
- Differentiate distribution support focusing on driving production with growth clients while maintaining relationships with larger, more-tenured books of business.
- Use appropriate planning and reporting tools (such as Tableau) to understand territory performance and trends.
- Manages all aspects of day-to-day sales operations and messaging in the territory.
- Represent GuideOne at client meetings to deliver and negotiate quotes, review pipeline and cross sell.
- Collaborates with field underwriting on pipeline management, books roll opportunities, and program business.
- Conducts regular territory reviews with leadership and field underwriting focusing on new and renewal business and profitability performance.
- Stays current on competition, underwriting environment and market conditions sharing with managers across multiple functional areas.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Promotes the GuideOne brand through consistent communication and social media channels
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business or related field.
- Professional designations (CIC, CPCU, ARM, P&C Producers License) highly desired.
- Minimum of five years of commercial insurance territory management experience.
- Minimum of five years of commercial lines insurance experience, with background in UW strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable expertise with a variety of sales and insurance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Documented relationships and experience managing and selling to large independent agencies, national and regional brokers, aggregators, and wholesalers.
- Experience in working with field and home office underwriting personnel.
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of commercial insurance sales – preferably in the non-profit human services/education, religious organizations and small business segments.
- Established record of meeting sales and profitability goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-versed in client management and detailed knowledge of large and complex national broker structures and their local operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with distribution partners, peers, and senior executives without executive authority.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills. Ability to negotiate best position and manage through conflicting priorities.
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be able to prepare reports, spreadsheets, budgets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Knowledgeable in analysis and presentation of data.
- Ability to work remotely, utilizing independent judgement and creativity.
- Strong degree of self-motivation, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to accept change and lead within a change-oriented environment.
- Frequent overnight travel required to be visible with distribution partners to develop and maintain senior level relationships resulting in adequate flow of business.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Religious Organizations
- Small Businesses
- Educational Institutes
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Programs Business
- Specialty Lines of Business
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes a match up to 6% at 100%.
- Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Wellness incentives.
- Free Basic Life and AD&D.
- Free short-term and long-term disability.
- Educational assistance program.
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position.
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.