Nutritional Services Manager - #390462
Methodist Rehabilitation Hospital
Date: 08/19/2021 22:00 PM
City: Kennedale, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Food Services Manager directs the activities of the Nutritional Services Department. Provides quality food service and nutritional care for the patient population, visitors, guests, and hospital staff. Administers, plans, and directs activities of department providing quality food service. Establishes policies and procedures and provides administrative direction of menu formulation, food preparation and service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices, and personnel utilization. Manages the team including hiring, performance management and development of the team. Adheres to the department budget (hours worked, expenses, inventory etc.) and directs departmental education programs. Coordinates interdepartmental professional activities and acts as resource person to staff and management on matters pertaining to dietetics. Participates in, and sometimes leads, quality improvement activities.
- Determines quality and quantity of food, plans and prepares master menus, supervises the planning of menus for therapeutic diets and controls food costs.
- Supervises food production and service programs, as well as managing departmental personnel involved.
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition (including attention to various age groups of patients) and economic handling of food, as well as efficient usage of time.
- Plans menus, purchases food, and assigns duties for special functions, such as medical staff meetings, board meetings, recognition dinners, and other related hospital functions.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Confers with other departments, such as the medical and nursing staff, regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dietetic service.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Manages nutrition services team including interviewing, hiring, mentoring, training, coaching, performance managing and terminating with proper HR involvement.
- Assists in preparing departmental budget on an annual basis and consistenly adhers to the budget.
- Makes frequent inspection of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions govering dietetic activities are followed.
- Develops and prepares policies and provedures governing handling and storage of supplies, equipment, sanitation, and record keeping and compiling of reports.
- Reviews department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, simplify work flow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promotes more efficient operation of the Nutritional Services Department.
- Develops standards of performance, determines areas of responsibility, assigns responsibility and accountability, and delegates authority to the various managerial, supervisory, and professional members of the staff.
- Reviews records and reports covering number and kinds of regular and therapeutic diets prepared, nutritional and caloric analysis of meals, costs of raw food and labor, computations of daily ration cost, and inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Works closely with Dietician and other hospital staff and departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Dietetics or Bachelor’s degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) preferred, but not required.
- Food Service Manager Certification/License if required by state.
- SERV SAFE Certified
- Registered Nutrition and Dietetics Technician (NDTR), Dietetic Technician (DTR), or Registered Dietician (RD) highly preferred.
- Experience in managing food services in a healthcare facility, preferably acute care or skilled nursing, highly preferred.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.