Senior Piping Designer (10+ years) - #390493
Coffman Engineers, Inc.
Date: 08/19/2021 22:30 PM
City: Westminster, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Coffman Engineers, we serve as both prime consultant and sub consultant on projects large and small, including commercial, retail, institutional, government, industrial, and project/construction management. Incorporated in 1979, we have employees in more than 16 locations serving clients across the United States and overseas.
To meet client objectives and to integrate our many disciplines, we can create teams comprised of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection, and corrosion control, as well as project/construction managers and professionals in a variety of specialty services. This ability has made us a leader in the engineering and construction communities, and has strengthened our reputation as being progressive, innovative, and a great place to work.
The right team is more than an advantage, it’s a game changer! Come work with a team of engineering professionals dedicated to excellence at Coffman Engineers’ Denver office.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a Piping Designer with 10+ years of 3D piping design experience using Hexagon PPM CADWorx. The successful candidate will develop drawings in conformance with project specifications, scope of work, design parameters, codes, and industry practices, and have a working knowledge of: process piping and piping systems; Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs); Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs); Piping Material Specifications; and valve and instrumentation types and uses.
- Associates CAD degree or engineering course work preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in industrial / oil and gas piping design.
- Proficiency in CADWorx is required.
- Proficiency in computer-aided drafting (CAD) using AutoCAD is required.
- Experience working with Industrial facilities, oil and gas producers, pipeline operators, and / or refiners.
- Knowledge in developing piping specification databases, 3D assemblies/parts, and templates per client standards/requirements, using CADWorx, is preferred.
- Ability to correctly dimension and prepare piping plans, elevations, sections, and isometrics in accordance with project requirements and P&ID’s and field information.
- Knowledge of system P&ID’s and ability to create and modify client P&ID’s to meet requirements.
- Experience in preparing isometric drawings including BOM’s from piping plans, sections, and elevations.
This position not eligible for sponsorship.
Expected salary for this position is $87,000 - $100,000
Why You Want To Work Here
You could choose to work anywhere, so why work at Coffman Engineers? Because we are different – our culture sets us apart. Simply stated, we are a group of creative, high-performing people who like working together and believe that what we do makes a difference.
We recently expanded to the Denver area and are looking for the right person to help us grow our practice here. Employees say that it feels like working with a group of friends in a small office while enjoying the benefits and perks of working for a large firm. Our culture isn’t the only thing that makes us different, but it drives everything we do.
Coffman offers comprehensive benefits (see more at https://www.coffman.com/careers/), including a flexible PTO program and a fun office environment with family-friendly policies. Our Denver office is located close to restaurants, trails, shopping and conveniences. We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying:
Coffman at a Glance
- 42 years in business
- 580+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #29 Zweig Group Hot Firm List, Zweig Group, 2021
- #154 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2021
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.