Social Services Manager - #390499
Longmeadow Healthcare Center
Date: 08/19/2021 22:30 PM
City: Paradise, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Longmeadow Healthcare Center in Justin, TX is a 120-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the Social Services department. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Collects and assesses data relevant to patients' psychosocial needs, risk factors for psychosocial deterioration and responses to interventions.
- Implements social service interventions that achieve treatment goals, address resident needs, link social supports, physical care and physical environment to enhance quality of life.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Coordinates discharge planning.
- Facilitates advanced directive decision-making process.
- Coordinates Family council.
- Coordinates grievance complaint process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires the supervision or one or more Social Worker and a Master's Degree in Social Work or in a human services field (such as Sociology, Special Education Rehabilitation Counseling, Psychology).
- One year supervised social work experience working directly with individuals in a health care setting.
- Current Social Work license in the state, if applicable.
Physical Demands & Environment
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.