Part-Time Store Clerk - #390510
Goodwill of Central Iowa
Date: 08/19/2021 22:30 PM
City: Eldora, Iowa
Salary: $1,450 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Part-Time Store Clerk
Job ID: 1845-2021
Location: 100 Lafrentz Drive, Marshalltown, IA 50158
Type: Regular Part-Time; Non-Exempt
Starting Pay Rate: $14.50/hour
Career opportunities with Goodwill of Central Iowa provide so much more than your average position. See how GOOD your workday could be as a Store Clerk for GOODWILL!
By joining our retail team as a Store Clerk, your work will aid our mission of improving the quality of life for all individuals by providing skills training and helping people find jobs. You will be the first point of contact for Goodwill customers and the face they remember. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to provide excellent customer service and take pride in working with valuable donations from our community.
What you'll do here:
- Greet, assist, and engage with customers in a helpful and courteous manner
- Receive donations from the public
- Sort donations, stack and organize sorted merchandise, ensure quality of goods processed meets standards
- Work with supervisors to arrange and rotate items on the sales floor, keep merchandise organized and easily accessible to customers
- Practice safe cash handling and operate the cash register, including calculating and balancing cash register as scheduled
- Carryout general cleaning tasks, such as: sweeping, scrubbing, dusting, and mopping
- Use a dolly, wheeled cart, pallet jack, and possibly riding or walk behind forklift
- Meet daily production goals
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Excellent customer service skills
- A high school diploma or currently attending high school or GED classes, or a minimum of four years of any combination of military service, high school, or related full-time paid employment
- Availability to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to carry, lift, push or pull 40 pounds
- Ability to tolerate variations in work environment temperature
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Effective communication and basic math skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a dependent adult and child abuse background check
Ideal candidates will:
- Be a team player who is eager to work with a variety of people in a helpful, upbeat manner
- Have retail experience and familiarity with using point-of-sale (POS) systems
In addition to working in a fun environment with a fulfilling mission, candidates for this role can also expect:
- A competitive retail industry salary
- A 15% discount at our retail stores
- A unique work environment, with interesting products and a diverse clientele- Never the same day or the same donation twice!
- The ability to take 10,000 steps per shift- This role will keep you active and healthy!
Goodwill of Central Iowa and our affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability) and E-Verify Participants
Apply Today! Open Interviews every Tuesday!
CITYVIEW "Best Local Thrift Shop" 2018, 2019, and 2020 Winner!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.