Specialty Pharmacist Navigator - #390524
AmerisourceBergen Corporation - Corporate
Date: 08/19/2021 23:00 PM
City: Knoxville, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
- Access various physician practices for potential specialty Rx value using tools/data available.
- Establish communication with targeted specialty practices, arranging meetings with key stakeholders/decision makers.
- Demonstrate value of ambulatory pharmacy partnership to specialty practices.
- Ensure prescriptions flow through to ambulatory pharmacy and are identified by pharmacy staff.
- Establish patient profiles, including third-party payor(s) and clinical information.
- Process prescriptions, including insurance adjudication and product sourcing.
- Prepare and submit prior authorization paperwork; manage denials.
- Triage prescriptions which are limited distribution drugs or out-of-network.
- Act as financial advocate for patient where needed; leverage charitable foundations, state programs, and/or manufacturer programs to ensure maximal patient access
- Coordinate pickup/courier delivery of Rx's with patient. Ensure auditable records showing proof-of-delivery are maintained.
- Follow up with patient to ensure refills are ordered on time and address and ADR's or clinical questions.
- Inform physician office of patient through process; document in EMR as necessary.
- Maintain relationships with physician offices through periodic visits/meetings.
- Assist with program financial reporting to client/data collection.
- Cross-train to ambulatory pharmacy; assist with staffing needs as required. This may include weekends and/or holidays as per business needs.
- Provide oversight and direction to associates in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development and opportunities.
What your background should look like
PharmD degree strongly preferred.
Current, unrestricted pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania is required.
5+ years community/retail/ambulatory pharmacy or health-system related experience. Previous experience in a specialty pharmacy and/or processing prior authorizations is highly desirable.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Candidates should have prior experience on pharmacy dispensing systems and be familiar with insurance adjudication processes.
The role involves working with a broad array of complex disease states and medical conditions; candidates should be comfortable working with clinical data, lab values, and reading/writing notes in patient medical records.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.