Electrical Project Manager - #390528
Date: 08/19/2021 23:00 PM
City: Fayetteville, Arkansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Electrical Project Manager
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
As part of the Fayetteville Water Design Center for Garver, this Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for developing electrical designs in support of various projects for Garver's Water Design Center. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
General responsibilities will include electrical support as required for a variety of water and wastewater projects, but the majority of the expected assignments will be related to developing electrical power distribution designs for water and wastewater treatments plants, water distribution systems, and wastewater collection systems.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed designs for water and wastewater treatment electrical power distribution, standby power generation, motor starting, and lighting systems
- Working closely with other team members, including instrumentation and control engineers, and process and process mechanical team members to coordinate the project requirements
- Developing one-line diagrams and power plans
- Coordinating with various electrical equipment vendors
- Preparing design calculations, coordinating with other support discipline activities on projects, coordinating with regional Garver offices and regulating agencies, construction cost estimating, and quality assurance and control
- Coordinating schedules, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products which adhere to Garver standardization
In addition, the Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing detailed plans and specifications
- Performing power system studies (arc flash)
- Coordinating schedules
- Monitoring budgets
- Quality program compliance, including ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization.
- Electrical design standards and tools development, procurement, and training
Some travel may be required, as projects may require field work for site assessment of project locations and support during construction. Due to the collaborative nature of coordination for large infrastructure projects, candidates must have the ability to seek out and resolve issues through close interaction with other project team members. In addition, the candidate shall be able to maintain a positive team attitude and interpersonal effectiveness to recruit, develop and maintain an efficient and productive team.
About Garver's Water Design Center:
The Fayetteville Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs for locations all across Garver's footprint. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom treatment plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer's opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field from an ABET accredited program
- 5 or more years of direct design experience
- Technically competent in engineering design including power distribution and standby power generating systems
- Proven experience overseeing and developing electrical designs for industrial facilities, including detailed plans and specifications for major projects
- Overall understanding of water and wastewater treatment plant systems in a plant-wide setting
- Experience with power system studies including short circuit analysis, overcurrent coordination, and arc flash
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design low and medium voltage power distribution systems
- Experience using Bluebeam and MSOffice products, including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Understanding of the electrical complexities associated with water and wastewater treatment equipment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong teaching and coaching skills to bring new members up to speed
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Water/wastewater consulting experience
- Working knowledge of power system modeling software
- SKM PowerTools for Windows
- Master's degree in electrical engineering
- Use of AutoCad and/or Revit CAD programs
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 900 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.