Patient Service Rep - Part-time - Fishers - #390548
Community Health Network
Date: 08/19/2021 23:00 PM
City: Cicero, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Patient Service Representative
Part – time day shift position
Join our community
Community Health Network has an excellent opportunity available within our Family Medicine Care team. If you are looking for challenging work and meaningful advancement, then you should consider a career with Community.
Where you fit in
- The Patient Service Representative works in conjunction with providers and clinical staff to take care of patients' administrative needs.
- This position is vital to giving the patient the "Patient's First" service and treatment they deserve as soon as they walk into our facility.
- Primary responsibilities include checking patients in for appointments, collecting patient payments, answering telephones, taking accurate messages, scheduling appointments, checking patients out, coordinate referrals, and checking insurance eligibility.
- This position utilizes our electronic medical record system to verify and update patient demographic information, as well as, posting and balancing of payments collected.
Your exceptional skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player.
- Written communication skills necessary for appropriate and accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates an ability to use good judgment for maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Intranet and Internet usage, Excel, Word, email, and web based applications.
Your exceptional qualifications
- One year of experience in a healthcare environment or a minimum of two years of experience in a customer service focused role.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Your life with Community
You work hard to provide our patients with the exceptional care, and you deserve benefits to match. Community offers a unique employment package that encompasses not only your day-to-day job, but also your career.
You will have the opportunity to grow your career thanks to scholarships and tuition reimbursement from the Community Health Network Foundation, and receive recognition for your achievements.
Apply today for immediate consideration.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.