Pharmacy Assistant, Full Time Days, Non-Exempt - #390549
Adventist Health Frank R. Howard Memorial
Date: 08/19/2021 23:00 PM
City: Redwood Valley, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Pharmacy Assistant who:
Performs pharmacy-related billing functions, filing, sorting, medication delivery/receipt, and communicates with physicians, nursing personnel, and other hospital staff. Monitors drug stock levels. Receives and orders drugs as needed. Makes decisions regarding own work, often limited and confined to routine matters. Elevates questions, problems and significant challenges to more senior staff for direction.
- Prepares charges and credits for all pharmacy patients billing in accordance with organization business practices and hospital policy. Assists in cash register reconciliation.
- Organizes and files all patient profiles, prescriptions, and other pharmacy documents. Maintains literature and drug information files.
- Delivers medications to care areas and retrieves orders from care areas. Evaluates and maintains adequate stock of medication and supplies. Identifies and replaces outdates and unusable drugs.
- Inputs medication orders into pharmacy computer system as needed. Participates in pharmacy quality improvement projects as directed.
- Performs routine assigned clerical office functions. Provides requested pharmacy information to other departments as needed. Elevates questions, problems and significant challenges to more senior staff for direction.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associates / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Experience in a pharmacy or a pharmacy service training program: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.