In-Home DSP (25833) - #390554
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Date: 08/19/2021 23:00 PM
City: St Cloud, Minnesota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
As an In-Home Support Professional, you will provide guidance, encouragement, support, comfort, security, and safety through relationship building and direct interaction to individuals with disabilities. You will support individuals in their homes or within their community and assist in the development and monitoring of their individual plans, hopes, and dreams. You will support individuals in developing their essential living skills by maintaining/increasing their independence. You will be required to maintain documentation, perform record keeping and participate in periodic meetings/training in accordance with regulations. Most importantly you will need to have the advocacy skills that are expected of all staff that works for Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota
Mostly afternoon/evening hours with Saturday day hours.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and a Motor Vehicle Check
- Successfully meet the requirements of a background check.
- Successful completion of medication administration training.
- Computer and math skills
- Able to read, write, solve problems and the ability to accept/follow through with directions.
- Good decision-making skills and the ability to respond to any emergency situation that may arise
- Able to recognize boundaries and exhibit patience, self-control, and flexibility
- CPR/First Aid certification is preferred; may be obtained after hire.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety, and respect.
Additional Posting Information:
Mostly afternoon/evening hours with Saturday day hours
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.