Nurse Practitioner - #390565
Unity Care NW
Date: 08/19/2021 23:30 PM
City: Deming, Washington
Salary: $109,907 - $133,016 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WHO WE ARE
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care as well as pharmacy services to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing almost 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve. Safety is our priority through the Covid-19 pandemic. To learn more about what we’re doing to ensure the safety of patients and staff, please view the following website: https://unitycarenw.org/safe/.
WHAT WE VALUE
Here at Unity Care NW, we value:
We’re proud of our inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
Our medical clinics provider primary & preventive health care to people of all ages. As a medical home, we're committed to a patient-centered care team model that engages patients & their families in their care. We integrate behavioral health services with medical care for a more holistic approach, and we provide case management to help patients access other community resources they need to be healthy. With an onsite pharmacy, providers can work closely with pharmacy staff to make filling prescriptions faster & easier, and dental services are also onsite to fulfill patients' dental needs.
As a full-time Nurse Practitioner, you would work 36 patient-contact hours per week providing comprehensive primary care to 16 or more patients of all ages per 8-hour day. While most of our providers are in a PCP role, this position will cover other providers' patients while they are away from the clinic. Coverage will be at both our Bellingham & Ferndale, WA, locations & will include occasional Saturdays.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be a Nurse Practitioner who graduated from an approved program, be in good standing with their state's board of licensing, and have a certification in Family Practice through the AANP or ANCC
- Have Family Practice experience in an outpatient setting
- Have worked in a community health center setting or similar role providing care to underserved populations
- Have experience working with patients with complex co-morbidities including hypertension, diabetes, mental illness, chronic pain, and substance abuse
- Have experience with children and women's health
- Have previously worked with, and have the ability to relate to, individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and socio-economic levels, treating them with sensitivity and respect in providing health care for all
- Be proficient with Electronic Medical Records
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A friendly and collaborative team environment
- Outpatient clinic only - no OB and no hospital rounding
- A modest call schedule providing phone support to 3rd parties only, never directly to patients
- A robust orientation followed by a ramp up period
- A fully implemented EMR system (AthenaPractice, formerly Centricity) with one-on-one training
- Support staff in the areas of nursing, on-site behavioral health, medical records, EMR/IT, case management, referrals to specialty care, & referrals for patients seeking health insurance
- A competitive compensation package that includes a sign-on/relocation bonus
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Six paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year of eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Continuing Education (days & funds) and reimbursement of state license, DEA & board certification fees
- Alternative transportation incentive
- Wellness reimbursement benefit
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) which, if awarded, provides tax free funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2-year commitment (view the details at http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment through the Washington Student Achievement Council which, if awarded, provides funds to pay towards eligible student loans for a 2 or 3-year commitment (view the details at http://www.wsac.wa.gov/health-professionals)
- Eligible to apply for loan repayment via the Nurse Corp Loan Repayment Program-for information see https://bhw.hrsa.gov/funding/apply-loan-repayment/nurse-corps
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to 80,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. Enjoy all the area has to offer:
- Recreational & Outdoor Activities (Hiking, Biking, Skiing, Snow Boarding, Fishing, Sailing, Kayaking, & Camping)
- Excellent Schools (University, Community College, Technical School, & Outstanding K-12 Educational System)
- Small Town or City Living (Unique Shops, Local Festivals, Farmers Markets, Berry Picking, & Community Events)
- Cultural Activities (Theater, Music, Independent Films, Museums, Art Studios, & Diverse Local Restaurants)
If you are passionate about everyone having the opportunity to live their healthiest life, we would love to hear from you! Please visit our Careers Page at https://www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com/unitycarenw/ or contact Vicki Curtis, Provider Recruiter, at email@example.com or 360-788-2661.
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires all employees to receive annual flu immunizations unless an appropriate accommodation is approved. In accordance with Washington State Governor Jay Inslee's Covid-19 vaccination mandate, Unity Care NW requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 on or before 10/18/2021 unless an appropriate accommodation is approved.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.