Distribution and Collection Specialist–Dam Maintenance/Raw Water - #390571
Colorado Springs Utilities
Date: 08/19/2021 23:30 PM
City: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Salary: $2,807 - $3,228 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Distribution and Collection Specialist – Dam Maintenance/Raw Water
**Must be flexible as far as work schedule (Raw Water works 365 days a year) with scheduled days off.
Colorado Springs Utilities is a four-service utility provider with a 100-year reputation for providing our citizen owners reliable and affordably priced electricity, natural gas, water, and wastewater services. We continuously strive to strengthen our partnerships with community stakeholders to ensure that our strategic initiatives produce the biggest impact for our citizens and that we remain a trusted community partner in the Pikes Peak region for the next 100 years and counting.
Colorado Springs Utilities offers career opportunities in the fast-paced, dynamic utility industry. We are looking for an individual who has the desire and self-motivation to join our team as a Distribution and Collection Specialist. This challenging and rewarding career is responsible for performing a wide variety of skilled activities related to safely operating, inspecting, and maintaining systems and equipment related to Raw Water infostructure.
In this role you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintaining dams for Colorado Springs Utilities, maintaining vegetation, erosion control, removing debris from dams, and rodent control
- Managing time and working with a small crew of contractors
- Meeting Dam inspections schedules and criteria
- Performing operational flow changes
- Operating pipelines and transmission lines, preventative maintenance equipment, and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules
Who you are…A successful candidate would come with a valid Driver’s License, and at least 2+ years of experience in operations and maintenance of the collection or distribution systems is preferred. We are also interested in your experience in the following so be sure to highlight it on your application and/or resume:
- Using hand tools/mechanical knowledge
- Operating specialized equipment and vehicles,
- Experience in grounds keeping is preferred but not required
- Understanding Hydraulics
- Great communication skills are a must
- A strong Safety-First culture is required
- Able to use computers to enter your time for payroll/basic computer skills
Colorado Springs Utilities offers a comprehensive benefits program to help you and your family protect your health and financial security.
- Medical – Select from three medical plans including a Health Savings Account compatible plan
- Voluntary Wellness Program – Earn incentives, gift cards, and gym membership reimbursements
- Dental – Select from two plans including orthodontia coverage
- Vision Insurance – Voluntary plan covering a full range of vision care services
- Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used for healthcare expenses
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
- Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage provides income replacement for illness or injury
- Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase supplemental coverage
- Paid Time Off – vacation, personal leave, sick leave, holidays, jury and bereavement
- Vacation Buy – Purchase additional vacation time
- Pension – Colorado PERA retirement plan funded by both employees and the organization.
- Retirement Saving Programs - Supplement your pension with PERA 401(k) or PERA Roth 401(k), ICMA Roth IRA, ICMA 457 or 457 Roth plan
- Educational Assistance – Financial assistance for qualifying courses
- Additional Benefits - Employee Assistance Program, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Colorado Springs Utilities is considered an essential business delivering critical services to our community. If selected for an interview, we may leverage remote technology solutions including the enhanced use of email, telephone, and video solutions as part of the hiring process where possible.
- All postings will close at 11:59 pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate
- Colorado Springs Utilities does not sponsor work visas of any kind (including but not limited to F-1, H-1B, or TN visas). Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Our differences make us richer. Learning and growing from one another makes us more than what we were. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our business and recognize the limitless benefits of this commitment. Our desire is to have the organization reflect the diversity of the Pikes Peak Region. As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is our commitment that no person shall be unlawfully discriminated against because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, religious convictions, veteran status, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Affirmative Action is Colorado Springs Utilities’ effort to ensure positive steps are taken to have a representative workforce reflective of the relevant available labor force.
For more information regarding applicant rights, visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Accessibility Accommodations. If you are an individual with a disability or disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 719-668-7500. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Colorado Springs Utilities participates in E-Verify. For more information on your rights and responsibilities as an applicant, please visit: http://coloradospringsutilities.jobs/applicants-rights-and-responsibilities/. If you have a legal right to work in the United States, there are laws to protect you against discrimination in the workplace. You should know that no employer can deny you a job or fire you because of your national origin. Unless mandated by law or government contract, employers cannot require you to be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident or refuse any legally acceptable documents. If any of these things have happened to you, you may have a valid charge of discrimination that can be filed with the OSC. Contact the OSC for assistance in your own language. Call 1-800-255-7688. TDD for the hearing impaired is 1-800-237-2515. In the Washington, D.C., area, please call 202-616-5594, TDD 202-616-5525 Or write to: U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel NYA 950 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC 20530.
Have a question? If you have a question about a position or need assistance from a recruiter, email us at email@example.com or call 719-668-7500.
Job Type: Skilled Trades & Craft
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.