Associate Product Manager – Clinical Diagnostics - #390589
SeraCare Life Sciences Inc
Date: 08/20/2021 00:00 AM
City: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Associate Product Manager – Clinical Diagnostics
LGC's Clinical Diagnostics develops and manufactures a comprehensive portfolio of catalog and custom-developed diagnostic quality solutions and component materials for the extended life sciences industry. We partner with IVD assay developers, and pharmaceutical, CRO and academic institutions in commercialization activities across the entire diagnostic pipeline - from concept and early stage research, through expedited product development and onwards into routine clinical use. Laboratorians and diagnostic professionals across disciplines of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, serology, molecular diagnostics and clinical genomics rely on LGC's products to support accurate and reliable diagnostic results.
Our operating entities include SeraCare Life Sciences and Maine Standards Company, which are in vitro diagnostics (IVD) manufacturers of quality measurement tools (calibrators, controls, linearity, EQA/PT, biological materials) and the Native Antigen Company, which is a manufacturer and supplier of viral antigens. Our 300+ employees operate FDA-registered and ISO 13485-accredited facilities in Maine, Massachusetts and Maryland, USA, and an ISO 9001-accredited facility in Oxford, UK.
Each day, our world-class staff, scientific expertise, operational efficiency and superior quality systems are ready to support the range of advanced technologies that collectively improve patient outcomes - from the widely adopted and established through to cutting-edge NGS and precision diagnostics.
The Associate Product Manager for LGC SeraCare is responsible for supporting the company's product lines including Performance and Linearity Panels and Disease State Material. Activities include portfolio and product lifecycle management, product commercialization, and marketing strategy and communications. This position ensures that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met.
- Manage complete lifecycle for assigned product lines, from commercialization through end-of-life.
- Provide regular sales support, including support of custom opportunities and sales training.
- Work closely with internal planning and sourcing teams to ensure product availability.
- Create and maintain product technical documentation and customer-facing communications.
- In collaboration with Marketing Communications, provide support for product launch activities.
- Function as a Core Team Member for New Product Development initiatives, interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales
- Participate in VOC and market research efforts to refine customer personas and identify new product and business opportunities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on product line financial metrics.
- Attend and support key business events and trade shows.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Promote an environment supportive of teamwork, positive communication, and respect.
- Build strong relationships with sales, business development, technical and operations teams.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize complex technical information to support decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex product portfolios and product lifecycles.
- Effective analytical skills; prior experience with financial statement analysis preferred.
- Experience utilizing basic Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills; experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others within a multidisciplinary team-based work environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or related scientific discipline.
- 2+ years of product management experience preferred. Opportunity for candidates in R&D or technical support in the biotech/life science industries to gain product management experience.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams in support of technical products.
- Experience with product launch execution and support.
- Clinical diagnostic industry experience preferred.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged sitting and working at a computer monitor. Repetitive motion using a keyboard for long periods of time. May occasionally be required to lift and move material weighing up to 10 lbs.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Agreeable work environment typical of an open office setting with some exposure to noise from office machines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.