Host - Pink Elephant Restaurant - Start Date 10/1/2021 - #390590
Gasparilla Inn and Club
Date: 08/20/2021 00:00 AM
City: Boca Grande, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- The duty of the Pink Elephant Hostess is to service guest's and servers needs in a prompt, professional and courteous manner according to hotel specifications. The Pink Elephant Hostess purpose is to ensure that the level of service provided to the guest is highly individualized and that each guest feels that their comfort and convenience are the principal concerns of The Gasparilla Inn & Club.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrive for scheduled shift promptly and report to the Manager.
- Report to work meeting the dress code and appearance standard set by the Inn such as name tag and wine opener, etc.
- Ensure tables and Hostess stand are set to the restaurant standards following the standards of operating procedures.
- Always maintain a high level of personal hygiene.
- Participates in pre-shift meetings and taste tests.
- Ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently at all times.
- Stays on assigned station throughout service observing and seeing to guests needs. (Stay at the hostess stand)
- Responsible for delivering a high level of service to restaurant guest.
- Greet guests as they come into the restaurant and say good bye to the guests leave
- You are the restaurants first and last impression so make a good one.
- Know how the telephone works (Transfers, Hold, Voicemails, Etc....)
- Answer the telephone and answer the questions the guest might have to the best of your abilities if you don't know the answer get a manager involved
- You need a general knowledge of Menus (Specials, Food, and Beverage)
- Contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Thank guests wishing them a pleasant morning/afternoon/evening.
- Advise Manager of all guests' complaints.
- Conduct self properly at all times.
- Maintain complete understanding of Employee Handbook.
- Attend training and meetings when requested.
- Maintain true knowledge of company facilities and related services.
- Perform other reasonable duties requested by Supervisor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities to the standards set by the company.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
- Inspect cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond accurately to any guest inquiry utilizing the Hours of Operations guide.
- Adhere to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Use all chemicals in accordance with OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of safety and injury procedures
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to focus on attention to detail
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
The Gasparilla Inn and Club is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Gasparilla Inn is fortunate enough to offer our employees a Drug Free Workplace.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.