Math Tutor (PT) - #390597
Mohawk Valley Community College
Date: 08/20/2021 00:00 AM
City: Brookfield, New York
Salary: $1,250 - $1,810 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Math Tutor (PT)
Salary: $12.50 - $18.10 per hour DOE
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
MVCC is seeking to fill a part-time Math Tutor position in our Learning Commons. The Math Tutor provides academic support for student learning and engagement. In addition, tutors help students build confidence and improve academic performance through holistic support, active learning strategies, study skills development, facilitated group study, and individualized instruction
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Tutors students in a wide range of math courses.
- Uses probing questions and supported inquiry to help students answer their own question.
- Engages students in active learning practices.
- Discusses course material to strengthen understanding and help students address knowledge gaps.
- Assists students to develop effective study strategies.
- Provides encouragement and motivation to support student retention and completion.
- Maintains accurate records and monitor sign-in stations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Learning Commons.
- Associate's degree in Mathematics or related field
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or related field
- Experience in college tutoring or teaching
- Experience using Blackboard
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 9/5/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.