Diverse Learner Bilingual Teacher - #390604
Waukegan Community Unit District 60
Date: 08/20/2021 00:00 AM
City: Waukegan, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
- JobID: 6064
- Provide a personalized instructional program that is compatible with the abilities, needs and learning characteristics of each student.
- Implement prescribed curriculum.
- Provide each student with a developmental program that includes behavioral objectives.
- Create a child-centered learning environment that is characterized by the consistent application of sound mental health and educational psychology practices.
- Employ creative methods of instruction and utilize a variety of materials within the structure of the designated curriculum.
- Become acquainted with the characteristics, needs, abilities and problems of each child through personal interaction and by seeking information from psycho-educational reports, hearing and vision reports, staffing notes, end-of-the-year student status reports, etc.
- Inform the building principal whenever a student's attendance is unsatisfactory.
- Supply the building principal with any abnormal attendance reports on any student.
- Report student address and telephone number changes to the building principal.
- Provide the building principal with an up-to-date copy of the schedule of classroom activities that the teacher is following.
- Maintain up-to-date lesson plans.
- Use the designated methods of reporting student progress to parents.
- Attend specified in-service meetings and conferences with the building principal.
- Develop a close relationship with each student's parents or guardians.
- Use teacher aides or helpers in accord with the designated job descriptions.
- Perform such other professional duties as may be assigned by the building principal.
Teaching - Middle School/Special Education - Resource
John R. Lewis Middle School
Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located halfway between Chicago, Illinois and Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. The District has one early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9 – 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Diverse Learner Teacher will be directly responsible to the building principal for all matters pertaining to the operation of the school plan, in-building administrative and personnel procedures, and general or district-wide policies.
Qualifications: Must have valid Illinois Professional Educators License, ESL Cert Grade 6-8
Salary: Per Teacher Contract
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit an online application to be received by the closing date
Only online applications will be considered.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, gender identity, race, color, national origin,
religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics, disability or other protected category.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.