Feed Mill Packaging Operator (Swing shift) - #390615
Date: 08/20/2021 00:30 AM
City: Great Falls, Montana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Back to search
Feed Mill Packaging Operator (Swing shift)
Great Falls, MT, US, 59405-1089
Date posted: Aug 17, 2021
Job ID: 2563
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Warehouse Worker to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation and cleaning the facility. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
This position will be for a swing shift, 3pm - 11:30 pm.
You must be able to work extended hours and weekends during the months of September to April.
- Operate packaging equipment to fill, close, and stack bags of feed.
- Perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing product, picking orders and completing documentation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Follow all plant and food safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to perform simple math problems related to order counts and inventory management
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending and lifting up to 55 lbs. repeatedly
- Must be able to wear gloves, hard hat, safety glasses and safety boots
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package with benefit offerings covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.