H&S Assistant Manager - #390631
Sterling and Wilson LLC
Date: 08/20/2021 00:30 AM
City: Arlington, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Health & Safety Assistant Manager is responsible for reviewing, approving, and enforcing all safety procedures, training, and metrics reporting. All duties and responsibilities listed are under the direction of the Senior Health & Safety Manager. He or she will develop and implement best practice procedures, develop and report key performance indicators and enforce all safety regulations are followed. He or she will design training programs and facilitate safety training for construction site personnel. He or she will collaborate with internal departments, contractors, vendors, and business partners with the common goal of preventing workplace injuries. He/she will ensure the Company is in compliance with and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (subject, but not limited to):
- Inspects and assesses the facility, both office and project sites, to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Investigate workplace incidents and analyze accident/incident statistics, identify trends, and suggest improvement plans.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety-related subjects.
- Prepare monthly reports and makes presentations to senior administrators.
- Maintains safety-related paperwork including OSHA 300 logs, safety training certifications, and OTI.
- Provides for motivation and assimilation of all company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company HSE procedures.
- Ensures all construction projects are equipped with personal protective equipment and that it is assigned to all project personnel as required.
- Liaises between Clients on safety-related issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and procedures related to health and safety in the workplace.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations pertaining to the construction industry.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Knowledge in Health, Safety, and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, and HSE Auditing Techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – to communicate effectively both in written and spoken word.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a Health and Safety Supervisor or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, or the equivalent coursework in a related specialized field and 5+ years of related experience, or a master’s degree.
- Certifications preferred: CSP, CSM, or COSM, OSHA 30, OSHA 500/501.
- First Aid and CPR required.
- Five or more years experience in producing safety reports.
- Experience using health & safety and/or project management software. Minimum intermediate level.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.