550192680022 Supervisor Distribution - #390643
UT Health Tyler
Date: 08/20/2021 00:30 AM
City: Winona, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Supervisor of Distribution is responsible for monitoring and adjusting inventory par levels system-wide so that maximum inventory turns are achieved and stock outages are minimized. The position requires interaction with vendors; all levels of UTHET staff; and involvement in multiple committees.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides excellent customer service and leadership to supply chain division-wide.
- Complies with Materials Management policies and procedures.
- Manages and controls perpetual inventory par levels.
- Minimizes overstocks and stock outs.
- Ensures that goods are stored properly and monitors expiration dates.
- Works with corporate purchasing to ensure back orders are checked daily to ensure we have adequate stock.
- Collaborates with clinical resource director to find product substitutes when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and orderly storeroom.
- Ensures product conversions are managed in respect to using up the old product and bringing in new.
- Ensures that shelves are properly labeled.
- Maintains integrity and accuracy of products within the distribution center.
- This is a supervisory position and will manage materials technicians within the distribution center.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma / GED
- College degree preferred
- Must have previous experience in distributing and buying medical supplies. Three to five years is strongly preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to motivate employees.
- Math skills are required. Ability to perform complex cost analysis and inventory analysis.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of transportation regulations set by OSHA.
Certification and Licensure:
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
Work is performed under normal working conditions in a standard office environment.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
May be required to work irregular schedules including but not limited to as applicable: Nights, Weekends, Holidays, on-call, and Overtime. Exposure to elements including, but not limited to: dust, noise, moisture, heat, etc... Potential exposure to hazards materials/situations to include but not limited to, blood-borne pathogens, ionizing radiation, and communicable diseases. Typical office environment. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, crouch and lift up to 5 LBS.
UT Health East Texas strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UT Health East Texas requires pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check on all hires. Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
The above statements describe the level of work performed and expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of employees so classified, and the content herein is subject to change due to the business needs of UT Health East Texas, with or without notice. Furthermore, nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of UT Health East Texas.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.