General Superintendent - #390657
Casey-Fogli Concrete Contractors
Date: 08/20/2021 01:00 AM
City: Hayward, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Established in 1906, Casey-Fogli Concrete Contractors provides full-service high-grade turn-key installation of structural, site, and decorative concrete as well as full-service assistance with pump, place and finish throughout the greater Northern California area. Casey-Fogli Casey-Fogli is under the umbrella of Harbor Linx, a premier 100% employee-owned merger and acquisition company in the Bay Area. As part of the family of Harbor Linx companies, we are a growing company with diverse career opportunities, and we work in both the public and private market sectors. Casey-Fogli has a terrific team environment where we work hard and give our best every day for each other, for our clients, and for the communities we work and live in.
A General Superintendent coordinates and supervises the activities of assigned to specialty field operations relating to construction, craft personnel, equipment, subcontractors, and contract administration by working with the President, PMs, PEs, Estimators, Other General Superintendents, Resource Manager Warehouse Assistant and Foremen to meet schedules, comply with specifications, meet production goals and obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
Key Communication Partners
PMs, PEs, Estimators, General Superintendents, Resource Manager, Warehouse Assistant, Foremen, Safety and Training Manager, Accounting, and Human Resource
Foremen, Leadmen and Craft Personnel
- Actively participates in Pre-Job Partnering Meetings to develop strategies that address unique characteristics of the project budget and/or design.
- Evaluate plans and shop drawings.
- Actively participates in pre-work meetings with PM, PE, Foreman, Leadman, Suppliers and Subcontractors to familiarize all with the project schedules, construction methods, company procedures and policies, quality standards and project specific requirements.
- Ensure that the Company safety program is enforced and that all field personnel under your super vision perform their work in compliance with Company policies and procedures and Cal/OSHA safety guidelines.
- Discuss and implement best practices that drive safety. Promote Safety Bucks program.
- Proactively identify and correct potential safety hazards.
- Report accidents and safety incidences to the Safety Manager or Safety Administrator immediately following their occurrence; submit a written accident report within 24 hours.
- Ensure the proper safety equipment is inspected, available and used by all field personnel.
- Monitor construction activities for adherence to project documents, including subcontractor performance; maintains quality control; notifies PM of significant problems or concerns. Significant problems or concerns should also be brought to the attention of the President.
- When results are not as expected, take responsibility and make changes to improve the results.
- Recognize installation issues or errors and proactively address them before they result in re-work.
- Construct a safe and reliable project that meets or exceeds the customer s expectations the first time, every time, aggressively focusing on delivering high quality projects and preventing rework.
- Maintain accurate timely and detailed daily logbooks with documentation photos and ensure that Foreman and Leadman do same.
- Work with Resource Manager in completion of layoff and termination paperwork as necessary; notify HR and Senior Management of any personnel issues as appropriate.
- Develop new and improved construction techniques through better utilization of manpower equipment and materials that will improve the efficiency of company operations; provide input to the President and/or other General Superintendents on new means and methods discovered while performing work.
- Coordinate with the Safety Manager or Training Coordinator to implement effective training and development of programs for specialty personnel to assure a high level of competence in the performance of company duties.
- Become familiar with outside resources (other contractors, rental companies, owner/operators, etc.) that may assist the company with unique applications, or during a busy construction season.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of new field personnel and the purchase of new equipment as necessary to meet Company demands and projections.
- Schedule for effective craft utilization with an awareness and understanding of union labor and job specific hiring requirements; schedule equipment and tools to accomplish the job in a safe manner using tools and equipment efficiently.
- Preplan and assist in coordinating the effective and efficient dispatch of personnel, tools, materials, and equipment in cooperation with other General Superintendents, Resource Manager and Warehouse Assistant on a daily basis
- Understand and manage project performance against budget and schedule milestones.
- Review week look-ahead and run-off schedules to determine resource needs and ensure that these schedules reflect the project schedule, and those upcoming events are on track and are being proactively attended to.
- Review project schedule, understand schedule milestones and measure incremental progress against schedules during regular project scheduling
- Provide weekly input to address company master schedule of all projects and the overall allocation of resources.
- Oversee individual projects to assure compliance with the scope and quality as established by the contract documents.
- Regularly initiate short interval planning with the PM, PE and Foreman to develop strategies in line with the unique characteristics of the project budget.
- Assure the appropriate safe use, repair and maintenance of project equipment.
- Maintain positive and continuous communications with customers by meeting with client personnel on a regular basis to discuss the status of the project and to resolve any problems. Demonstrate integrity and dependability.
- Participate in the formulation and monitoring of Company policies and procedures.
- Communicate and work proactively to address supplier and subcontractor issues.
- Help foster an efficient, productive environment by getting to know co-workers.
- Spend time developing and mentoring others.
- Reward and recognize others for their contributions to the company.
- Maintain current certifications for CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Harassment Prevention for Supervisors, Competent Person Trenching and Excavation, Confined Space Entry/Rescue Crystalline-Silica Dust Awareness, and other training appropriate for type of work being performed.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED preferred and fifteen or more years of
technical construction related experience that also included ten or more years of progressively responsible field construction management experience. Ability to handle difficult and unique construction situations in a cool, calm and collected fashion.
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; Spanish very helpful
Mathematical Skills: basic math and geometry, with the ability to calculate volume, area, tonnage, slopes, grades and other common construction calculations
Reasoning Ability: apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional variables
Computer Skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the Google Office Suite; must be able to learn to use various computer programs like Vista , HCSS – Heavy Job/Dispatcher , and possess a practical knowledge of the internet and Smart App based components
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Valid CA driver s license and a clean driving record
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Company Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.