Customer Service Representative - Livingston - #390662
Michigan Humane Society
Date: 08/20/2021 01:00 AM
City: Salem, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking for a career working for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of animals everyday? Be part of an organization whose culture is centered around compassion and purposeful work with the Michigan Humane Society! MHS works hard on behalf of our communities and the animals in our care – finding homes for thousands of animals every year. It takes a village – and every role at MHS has an impact on the animals we help!
The Customer Service Representative serves as the main point of contact with customers and public via phone and in-person at our facilities. The CSR assists with the adoption process while providing the highest quality of care for the animals at our shelters. The ideal candidate is friendly, professional and compassionate with a drive to help animals in need.
- Humanely treat and care for all animals entrusted to the Michigan Humane Society
- Greet customers on the phone and in person in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers, answering questions and explaining MHS procedures and protocols.
- Assist potential adopters through the adoption process by completing forms and accurately enter adoption information into the database.
- Process intakes (i.e. surrenders, strays and owner-requested euthanasia) while explaining the process to the customer, assisting with paperwork and entering data.
- Process cash handling activities with regards to adoptions and intakes
- Assist with caring for the animals by providing food, water, basic grooming and enrichment activities to minimize shelter environment stress.
- Clean and disinfect kennels, cages, litter pans, and yard areas regularly, spot cleaning animal and public areas as needed.
- Maintain facility grounds through general upkeep and cleaning, including laundry, dishes, prepping newspaper, etc.
- Prepare and administer vaccines and assist with euthanasia procedure when needed
- Flexible with the ability to thrive in an emotional, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to show compassion to both animals and people in sensitive situations
- Possess good communication skills, diplomacy and tact at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.