Registered Nurse (RN) - Maternal Services - #390667
Beth Israel Lahey Health
Date: 08/20/2021 01:00 AM
City: Beverly, Massachusetts
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Beverly Hospital promotes the culture and philosophy which enables employees to give and receive the best of care. You can become a part of the team that achieves this success through our CREATE values of Community, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Teamwork and Empathy.
About the Job
The Maternal Newborn Service at Beverly Hospital provides the full scope of perinatal care in collaboration with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center which includes; prenatal evaluation of mother and fetus, intrapartum care for labor and birth, intraoperative and recovery care for an operative delivery, postpartum care, maternal/newborn care as a couplet dyad for well babies, and special care for premature and newborns requiring a higher level of care. The department includes strong interdisciplinary collaboration between labor and delivery, postpartum, newborn nursery, a level IIB special care nursery, the North Shore Birth Center, a parent education department and a lactation consultation service.
As a Registered Nurse (RN) for our Inpatient Team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Complete assessments and essential care on both Mother and Newborn, administration of medications/treatments, observation of patient’s progress, and evaluates therapies are in alignment and consistent with standards and best practices to ensure optimal outcomes for both Mother and Newborn
- Provide evidence based care that addresses the physical, developmental, emotional, and psychological needs of mothers, newborns and families from admission through discharge.
- Collaborate with physicians and other medical professionals to develop an optimal health care plan that is individualized with each patient
- Support and educate patients and their loves ones to achieve maximum outcomes with a knowledge base of community resources upon discharge
Per diem, hours assigned as needed
Beth Israel Lahey Health is dedicated to improving health and wellness and making a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and all members of the communities we serve. Formed in March 2019, Beth Israel Lahey Health is a patient-centered, integrated care delivery system providing a continuum of services spanning academic, tertiary and community hospitals, dedicated orthopedic and psychiatric hospitals, primary and specialty care, community acute care, ambulatory care, behavioral services and home health. Beth Israel Lahey Health Performance Network is a unified joint contracting and population health management organization, jointly governed by participating physicians and hospitals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification required
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical experience in Mother/Baby or Labor & Delivery
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.