Security Officer - #390679
Providence Health & Services
Date: 08/20/2021 01:30 AM
City: Seward, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence is calling a Security Officer (Emergency Preparedness, Variable, 1.0 FTE - 40 hours per week) to Seward Medical Center in Seward, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position, you will:
- TEAMWORK: Supports other members by the performance of other duties supporting hospital and departmental functions, including Nursing, Safety, Emergency management and Facilities. Responds to all Codes; acts as primary responder for medical codes not on the units. Assists directly with patients, including but not limited to lifting, holding, restraining, undressing assistance, general attending and potentially violent patients.
- QUANTITY: Maintains all aspects of Civil Law and order. Conducts walking patrols of buildings with emphasis on theft and vandalism prevention and customer relations. Conducts walking and vehicle patrols of all parking areas with emphasis on theft and vandalism prevention and controlling parking access for patients using various enforcement techniques, including citations and towing.
- QUALITY: Responds to incidents appropriately, as per hospital and departmental policy and procedures. Responds to requests for service. Timely, accurate and detailed incident reporting.
- SERVICE: Takes responsibility for situations encountered and follows through to conclusion or until relieved. May conduct interviews and investigations in criminal matters pertaining to crimes committed on the campus. Maintains confidentiality of all information relating to patients, medical staff, and as appropriate, other sensitive information.
- SAFETY & TRAINING: Responds appropriately to all fire emergencies and drills. Maintains vigilance for safety deficiencies during the course of normal duties. Assists with helicopter operations at the heliport. Responds to hazardous material spills; secures, assesses and, if appropriate, cleans up same per all applicable regulations. Attends required training. Must have experience with various computer programs, databases and Microsoft Office Programs. Must have basic technical and document writing skills.
- TECHNICAL: Demonstrates knowledge of weaponry, including gun safety involving various actions, unloading mechanisms and techniques. Demonstrates knowledge of managing difficult persons, using verbal de-escalation skills and safe physical management techniques.
- Completes initial and annual Competency Plan for assigned job and department.
- Liaisons with Medical Examiners, Coroners and Funeral Homes escorting and authorizing the release of deceased and their belongings in accordance with regulations and organizational policies.
- Liaisons with law enforcement, fire department, emergency medical services, public relations and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate assistance is provided and threats are identified and appropriately communicated.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Obtain a valid Alaska Drivers License in accordance with Alaska statute
- BLS must be obtained within the first year of employment, and maintained current thereafter
- Control Tactics/De-escalation certification within 90 days of employment or as training schedule permits and maintained current thereafter
- Taser certification within 90 days of employment or as training schedule permits and maintained current thereafter
- Must complete Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosal Training (OCAT) within 90 days of employment
- Must complete ICS Level 100, 200, 300 and 700 courses within 1 year of employment
- Must complete International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Security Officer Basic Level Certification within 1 year of employment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years experience in security, or military
- 1 year experience in healthcare security
About Mountain Haven
Providence Mountain Haven is the first Green House® home in Alaska, which is includes 4-lodges, each with 10-Elders. Teams are self-managed, have consistent staffing, and have strong patient to caregiver ratio. Caregivers typically have 5:1 patient ratio and work 12-hour shifts. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for Elders to live out their later years! http://alaska.providence.org/locations/psmh/Pages/default.aspx
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.