SY21-22 High School of Commerce Attendance and Engagement Analyst - #390687
Springfield Public Schools
Date: 08/20/2021 01:30 AM
City: Huntington, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership
In 2015, the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and Springfield Public Schools partnered to form the Springfield Empowerment Zone Partnership (SEZP). SEZP is committed to ensuring that the middle and high schools in “The Zone” are engaging environments where teachers receive the supports they need to grow professionally, and students have the opportunity to acquire the academic and personal skills to succeed in the college or career of their choice.
Each SEZP school has the autonomy to craft and implement its own, unique vision for success and receives support from an ecosystem of national-caliber partners. Furthermore, Teacher Leadership Teams at each school ensure that teacher voice is heard and that there is strong communication between school administration and staff.
Working in SEZP
SEZP is seeking staff who are excited to work in a collaborative, engaging, diverse, and high energy environment. We are seeking team players committed to the SEZP mission, high expectations, and their own professional growth.
The Attendance and Engagement Analyst will be responsible for ensuring student attendance at school and providing targeted support to those at risk of becoming chronically absent. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts daily student attendance reviews in order to provide immediate follow up and identify those at risk of being chronically absent
- Maintains accurate records related to student attendance, outreach, interventions, and other key information
- Serves on the school’s RTI team that reviews attendance data to sort students in tiered groups, determine root causes of attendance gaps, and prescribe treatment / intervention to address absences
- Coordinates and participates in relevant interventions, including (but not limited to) home visits, connections with service providers, student/family conferences, legal intervention, school-based supports
- Collaborates with school leaders and staff, particularly the team of Student Activities Specialists and Coordinators, in creating systems for tracking student success and progress
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Commitment to working with students experiencing the effects of significant academic, social, emotional, and/or behavioral trauma
- Collaboration skills
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits in line with regular SPS employees.
This is a 12-month position with the approximate following weekly schedule: Monday-Friday 7:10am-3:30pm.
The Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, disability or military service or marital status. The Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate in admission to, access or treatment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination
Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. Springfield Public Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discrimination on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. The Senior Administrator of Human Resources, Kathleen O’Sullivan, Springfield Public Schools, 1550 Main St. Springfield MA, 011103, 413-787-7100, ext. 55428, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Springfield Public Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Springfield Public Schools may be referred to Kathleen O’Sullivan or to U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 400 Maryland Ave., SW Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone 800-421-3481.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.