Product Manager - #390692
Date: 08/20/2021 01:30 AM
City: Tucson, Arizona
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Simpleview is a software development, data analytics and digital marketing firm that supports destination marketing organizations to reach their tourism marketing goals with first-in-class digital products and services. We believe our customers - towns, cities, states and nations across the globe - have a role to play in creating great experiences for visitors, for the people who call them home and for businesses and workers who rely on travel to sustain their local economies.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard working team an independent, talented, top-notch Product Manager with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
We’re looking for an experienced, highly intelligent, self-motivated and determined Product Manager (PM) for our Tucson headquarters to research, analyze, execute and evaluate product entry into new markets or maximize opportunities within existing markets. The PM represents all stakeholders (marketing, sales, support, users) and serves as the Voice of the Customer. The PM will be responsible for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business as well as customers.
The PM should be comfortable and experienced building and managing the product roadmap and skilled in carrying out the roles of Product Owner (as defined by Scrum) as well as conducting higher-level and strategic planning and decision-making regarding product development with senior-level stakeholders within and outside the company.
- Understand the user journey, not just as they use our apps, but how our apps help make their jobs easier.
- Understand deeply that “cross-functional” isn’t code for “designers and engineers.” We’ve doubled down on our best ideas coming from anywhere, and Support, Marketing, and Education are equal members of our flat product teams.
- Along those lines, you’ll learn the design principles and business logic of our apps like the back of your hand. You’ll learn our engineering processes like the back of your other hand. Then you’ll find another hand or three for internalizing our brand, marketing strategies and support ethic.
- Shepherd your team’s work from discovery to ideation to release to follow-up (because you know how much product work happens after release), documenting decisions the team has made along the way. In particular, you’ll work hand-in-hand with a product designer on your team to jointly develop vision, prioritize, and execute on strategy.
- Synthesize and make sense of ALL OF THE DATA and information about our products, for yourself and to help others across the organization make better decisions. You’re fluent in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Be comfortable with multiple discovery techniques and strategies in your quest to make our products consistently better. You enjoy talking to customers in user interviews and usability testing. You have a knack for summarizing research in a concise way to share with teammates.
- Communicate, explain, persuade, explore and otherwise get all the things done in writing. Yes, we like talking to each other, but as a remote team, much of our collaboration is asynchronous and written.
- You’re intensely curious. Period.
- You’re comfortable speaking the language of software development and product design. If you’re also comfortable diving into HTML and CSS (or even one of the programming languages in our development stack!), that’s a plus, but it’s not a requirement. Conversant across all disciplines is key.
- Be a curious, persistent, and quick learner, staying ahead of new ideas, technologies and other opportunities to help our users.
- Manage key partner relationships, from day-to-day communication to contract negotiation and management.
- You must have at least five years working in the software industry, three of which you’ve been in the role of a product manager.
- You must have experience in cross-functional product development. And we really mean that cross-functional part.
Your success as a product manager at Simpleview hinges upon your ability to approach product development as holistic simultaneous problem solving of both user and business goals. We work collaboratively here so you’ll listen to ideas, questions, and critiques from teammates with grace and patience. That said, you know your stuff and can eloquently and logically explain decisions. You see this type of exchange as critical to the success of yourself and our users: It is through sharing ideas and being open to the brilliance of others that we arrive at the best solutions.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU:
- Fulfilling work at a company that makes an impact in hundreds of communities across the globe
- The ability to set a career trajectory and move along a growth path
- Great co-workers, including geeks, parents, artists, gamers, veterans and average joes and janes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short-term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) with employer match
This position is available to both the Tucson-area and remote candidates. At this time, Simpleview can currently only employ remote staff who reside in the following U.S. states or Canadian province: Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Qualified candidates, please apply by going online at: https://www.simpleviewinc.com/our-world/staff/join-our-team/
Or submit your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.